*Found below the add to basket button on a product page
*If applicable - please copy and paste current page URL
Open Monday to Friday 8.30 AM to 5:20 PM
Helicopter Rides & Sightseeing Flights
Our collection of UK sightseeing flights departing from airfields and airports around the country let you see the world from a very different angle. You'll fly at around 1500ft over town, country and coast looking down on the everything in miniature. It looks so different from the air! Sightseeing flights FAQs
• Helicopter sightseeing tours over famous stadiums • Look down on your favourite football team's home! • Flights operated by Bell Jet Ranger helicopters • Aerial tours last around 20mins/up to 30 miles
• Discover the living history of the Army Air Corps • Package includes a heli flight & museum entrance • Fly in an executive Bell Long Ranger helicopter • Cream tea in the Apache Cafe to round off your day
• Heli trips from Cotsworld Airport nr Cirencester • Explore this Are of Outstanding Natural Beauty • See Chedworth, the ampitheatre, Cleeve Hill & more • Look down on the pretty Cotswold villages & towns
• Experience low-level Dambusters style flying! • Fly at 500ft over North Yorks Moors & Pennines • Flight duration gives you over an hour in the air • Available in two or four seat Piper light aircraft
• London vintage pleasure flights from Headcorn • Operated by an ex-RAF de Havilland Devon airliner • See the sights of the capital from your window seat • 1950s air travel at its vintage & nostalgic best!
• Cruise over Edinburgh in an executive helicopter • Trip departs from a rural helipad in Edinburgh • See all the famous sights from 1000ft in the air • Minimum age for these sightseeing flights is 6 yrs
• Exclusive sightseeing flights for two from Brighton • Fly all over Sussex in a 1960's classic aeroplane • A choice of flight durations & routes available • See castles, beaches, bays, monuments & more
• Luxury heli-dining packages to Oakley Hall Hotel • Travel by chartered heli from Blackbushe Airport • A 3-course lunch at the 2 AA Rosette restaurant • A VIP day out by heli for two people to celebrate
• Sightseeing pleasure flights from Durham Tees • A superb range of flight routes to choose from • Tours operate on an exclusive basis for two people • Choose between a 30, 60 or 90 minute tour duration
• Helicopter sightseeing tours from Rochester Airport • See Kent maritime & industrial heritage from above • Fly over castles, historic houses & gardens too • A range of flight itineraries to choose from
• See Bristol from the air on this helicopter flight • Spot Clifton Suspension Bridge, Cabot Tower etc • Fly in a Robinson or Airbus heli from Bath Racecourse • Book a 25 or extended 50-mile tour in the chopper
• Helicopter sightseeing flights over Lancashire • Take off from a working dairy farm & visitor centre • Fly in an executive Bell Long Ranger helicopter • A great place for friends & family to watch from
• Pleasure flights over London in a helicopter • Departures from Stapleford Aerodrome in Essex • A full 30mins in the air checking out all the sights • Operated by a five seater executive Squirrel chopper
• Heli flights from City Airport Manchester Barton • See the sights of Manchester, Bolton and beyond • Various itineraries to suit all tastes & pockets • In-helicopter pilot commentary via headset intercom
• Helicopter sightseeing rides from Cardiff Heliport • Explore Wales's capital city by executive chopper • See Cardiff & countryside castles on extended tour • Cardiff Heliport is right on the edge of the docks
• Heli flights over Portsmouth & the Isle of Wight • These tours give you 60 minutes of flight time • Tours set off from HMS Daedalus (Solent Airport) • See everything from the Spinnaker to the Needles!
• Helicopter sightseeing tours around Mid-Wales • Flights all take off from the airport at Welshpool • See the Severn Valley and beyond from the air • A wide range of flight paths & itineraries offered
• Helicopter sightseeing tours around Weymouth • See the very best of the coast & country from the air • Two different flight itineraries for you to choose from • Commentary from your pilot to spot the sights
• A 20 minute flight alongside a stunning Spitfire • Take off from Sywell Aerodrome in Northamptonshire • You fly in a deHavilland Devon next to the Spitfire • Every seat is a window seat in this passenger plane!
• Fly over Leeds Castle with a Spitfire leading the way • You will be one of eight passengers in the Devon • The de Havilland Devon is a 1950s passenger plane • Departures from Headcorn Airfield in Kent
• Exclusive helicopyer charter flights over London • Only operator to offer tours out of central London • Voucher is for up to 6 of you to fly in the chopper • Three flight paths over London to choose from
• Miliary vehicles, Tigers & Dragon Rapides combined at Duxford • Tiger Moth lesson, Dragon sightseeing & APC drive • Short hosted tour to a behind the scenes IWM area • Briefing & closing reception in the control tower
These sightseeing flights are ideal if you want to see the sights from the air, but aren’t too keen on actually flying the aircraft. It’s all about sitting back, relaxing and enjoying the amazing aerial vistas on these airborne tours. (Don’t forget, we do do flying lessons for those who want it all!).
Who it's not for
Other than those who are too afraid of flying, we can’t think of anyone who wouldn’t delight in an aerial sightseeing tour for that unique bird’s eye view of this beautiful country we live in. Not surprising then, that these sightseeing flights are some of out most popular gifts to give.
We do indeed have a full range of sightseeing flights from locations around the UK in helicopters, along with trips in aeroplanes too. Take your pick or perhaps do a tour in each!
Are the aircraft all modern?
Tours in fancy executive choppers are by far the most popular with our customers. They’re just like the ones you see the rich and famous using and they’re really quite flash. For those seeking a bit of nostalgia, we also have sightseeing flights in classic aircraft, from DeHavilland Doves to Tiger Moths.
Do these sightseeing flights operate out of main airports?
We have all sorts of departure points for you. Some depart from international airports, others are based at smaller flying club airfields. With helicopters not needing very much space at all for take off and landings, we have a quite few tours that set off from private land such as hotel grounds, country parks and estates.
How will I know what I’m looking at when I’m up in the air?
In most cases your pilot will point out the main landmarks to you as you fly. In a helicopter you’ll be equipped with a headset so you can hear the pilot talk. Other operators my give you printed maps and/or guides to mark out the main sights.
Can you guarantee I’ll see everything mentioned on the flight itinerary?
The itineraries mentioned are to give you an idea of the usual flight path the aircraft will take. Your actual itinerary on the day will depend on weather conditions and any air traffic control restrictions, but wherever you fly there’ll be lots to see!
Can you really go on a sightseeing flight over central London?
Yes! There are special flight paths specifically for single-engined helicopters called the ‘London heli lanes’. The routes generally follow the River Thames and you’ll be flying at a level well below the London Heathrow flight path. All this means you get see some of the very best sights of the capital using the official routes, all at a cruise level well below commercial jet traffic.
Have you got any cheap sightseeing flights?
We sure do. Our ‘Heli Buzz’ sightseeing flights are great for getting a taste of that bird’s eye view in a fancy chopper. You get see the immediate area around your take off spot and experience the sensation of rotary flight, all in the space of around five minutes - which, when you’re up there is quite long, especially if it’s your first time in a helicopter!
Will I still be able to see the sights if I’ve not got a window seat on the flight?
The great thing about helicopters is that everyone gets a good view as the cockpit is mainly glass. Of course, one or maybe even two lucky people (depending on the type of helicopter) get to sit up front next to the pilot, but those in the rear seats will enjoy superb views too. Same in the vintage planes, as the windows were a lot bigger back in the day - with more leg-room too.
Surely the views are the same as when you fly in a big commercial jet?
For those few minutes when you take off or come into land in your big commercial airliner, you do indeed get that ‘everything’s in miniature’ moment when you spot cars on the motorway that look like toy cars and the sea of houses below you. But then you’re cruising at 35,000ft and often above the cloud base. The advantage of all our sightseeing flights is that you cruise at much lower levels (as low as 1000ft) for the duration of your flight - so it’s fab views all the way.
How many passengers do the aircraft seat?
It very much depends on the type of aircraft operating the flights. Some executive choppers seat six passengers plus your pilot and the vintage planes are anything from tandems with just you and the pilot, to around 16 passengers with two or three crew onboard. All these sort of details are included on each individual product page.
How high (or low) will I be flying?
In general, you will be flying at between 1000 and 1500ft during your sightseeing flight. This does, of course, depend on weather and air traffic restrictions on the day.
Can I bring my camera to take photos of the sights during the flight?
Of course! Just don’t get too engrossed in taking photos to actual enjoy seeing the sights with your own eyes.
Will I need a passport for these sightseeing departures?
Technically you don’t need a passport to travel, but most operators will ask for proof of ID on signing in for your flight. Please check the full details on your voucher before travelling for your flight.
How long before my flight should I get to there?
Once booked in, your operator will give you all the details you need about your flight. In general, they ask for passengers to arrive between 15 and 30-minutes before your departure time.
Can friends and family come along to watch?
The vast majority of operators welcome spectators to wave you off, as that’s all part of the fun of these wonderful sightseeing experiences, especially when they’ve been given as a gift. Most airfields have a clubhouse with a cafe, so you can get a snack or drink whilst you wait for them to land back at base.
Will you fly over my house?
This is a question that many passengers ask. These sightseeing trips follow specific itineraries and flight paths, so unless you happen to live right underneath it, you won’t see your house. However, if you’re willing to splash the cash and go for an exclusive sightseeing charter you will be able to discuss your flight path with your pilot.
Are there any sightseeing flights near me?
Flying experiences are our speciality and we’ve got a vast selection of sightseeing tours available for you to book directly online with us. There’s bound to be a departure point near you, as we work with operators and airports the length and breadth of the UK, with pretty much every county represented. Current sightseeing flight locations include: