• Helicopter sightseeing flight in a Bell 206 Ranger helicopter
• Choose from a 20, 30, 40 or 60 minute flight duration
• You will form part of a group of up to 4 participants
20 Minute Flight
• Local Tour - Fly around the Thanet coast including Margate, Broadstairs, Ramsgate, returning to Manston via Pegwell Bay
30 Minute Flight
• Dover Tour- Follow the East Kent coast, Sandwich Bay, Deal Castle, Walmer Castle, St Margaret's, White Cliffs of Dover, Dover Castle and docks
• Whitstable & Canterbury Tour - Follow the North Kent Coast from Reculver Towers, Herne Bay, Whitstable, then inland to Canterbury and Canterbury Cathedral
40 Minute Flight
• Dover, Canterbury & Whitstable - See the East & North Kent coasts - From Sandwich to Deal, Deal Castle, Walmer Castle, White Cliffs of Dover, Dover Castle & Docks, then inland up to Canterbury, then North to the coast at Whitstable. Follow the coastline back past Herne Hill and Reculver Towers to Manston
60 Minute Flight
• Ultimate Kent Coast - An East Kent tour following the coast through Sandwich to Deal, Deal Castle, Walmer Castle, White Cliffs of Dover, Dover Castle and Docks along the south coast top the Battle of Britain Memorial at Capel le Ferne and Folkestone. The flight turns inland flying over Leeds Castle, Canterbury and Canterbury cathedral before returning to Manston
What Can I Expect
What’s the best way to do Kent coast sightseeing? By helicopter of course! These sightseeing flights from Manston will show you the very best this wonderful corner of Kent has to offer, covering coastal and countryside locations, with lots of historical landmarks on the flight paths too.
Anyone who’s ever contemplated doing south coast sightseeing by car will know that it can be slow-going with lots of traffic, especially in holiday season. That’s why we highly recommend you take the car as far as Manston and let the chopper do the rest. On a heli tour over Kent you cover lots of ground and in just a few minutes you’ll be getting superb vistas of this whole area.
We are offering several different routes for your sightseeing flights from Manston. You can stay local to the lovely Thanet area on a 20 minute flight, or choose a 30 minute sightseeing flight that gives you the option of exploring down towards Dover, or up over the north Kent coast around Whitstable. The longer 40 minute tour extends your aerial sightseeing to include both seaside and inland, whilst the ultimate 60 minute heli tour takes you along both the east and north Kent coast and in-land over Ashford and Canterbury.
Of course, with the Kent coast packed full of superb sightseeing we haven’t got room to list them all here, so we’ve picked out some of the helicopter highlights. Coastal castles are pretty high on the list, with the likes of Deal, Walmer and Dover standing proud guarding the south coast. Then there are those classic Kentish seaside resorts, from the golden sands of Viking Bay in Broadstairs, to the old-fashioned theme park fun at Dreamland in Margate.
Historic landmarks are everywhere. From the imposing double towers at Reculver near Herne Bay, to the Battle of Britain Memorial at Capel-le-Ferne. Don’t be surprised if you well up a little when you circle this emotive hilltop memorial - it’s a true privilege to see it from the air too. And in-land it’s fascinating to see the likes of Ashford and Canterbury, where your eye will naturally be drawn to the impressive cathedral.
This is Kent coast sightseeing at its best. Onboard a modern, executive helicopter you will be treated to an aerial extravaganza of sights all around Kent. Your pilot will point out all the geographical features and landmarks, so don’t worry if you can’t quite find your bearings in the air!
• Selected dates throughout the year
• Flights generally take place on weekends and weekdays during summer holidays
• Minimum age 6
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum weight 17 stone
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch your departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All routes are subject to air traffic and weather conditions and may vary at the pilots discretion
• Manston near Ramsgate, Kent