Helicopter Sightseeing Tour
• Pre flight safety briefing
• A 30 minute helicopter flight on board a Jetranger helicopter
• Sights include; stunning views across the Wyre Forest and Shropshire Plain, the Iron Bridge, Severn Valley railway and the majestic Clee Hills
• You will be part of a group of four participants
• Please allow one hour for this experience
What Can I Expect
Discover England's industrial heritage from above on this Ironbridge Gorge and Severn Valley Tour by helicopter! Flying out of the ex RAF base at Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green Airport, you will soon be hovering over some of the most famous Shropshire landmarks, all beautifully preserved to tell the story of the Industrial Revolution.
The most iconic sight has to be the famous 60m Iron Bridge that spans the River Severn at the village of Ironbridge near Coalbrookdale. The first arched bridge to be made from iron cast at the local foundry and blast furnace was officially opened in 1787 and is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Seeing the bridge from the air is a truly magnificent sight.
Your tour by helicopter also includes other Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust landmarks such as the brick kilns, the Blists Hill open air museum and the Hay Incline Plane on the Shropshire Canal. You will also pass over Bridgnorth with its ruined castle and funicular railway, swoop over the 2634 hectare Wyre Forest and over the National Trust owned Kinver Edge, a wooded escarpment where two Iron Age hill forts once stood.
Your Ironbridge Gorge and Severn Valley tour heads back to base via Clee Hills, the highest peaks in the county, the famous West Midlands Safari Park and Kidderminster. The tour lasts half an hour and you'll be taken up in an executive helicopter for the ultimate bird's eye views of the historic Shropshire/Worcestershire towns, villages and surrounding countryside.
• Selected weekends between April and October
• Minimum age is six
• Under 12s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum weight is 17 stone (107.9kgs)
• Spectators are welcome and may take photographs
• Upgrades to a co-pilot experience are available for an additional fee when booking your date (subject to availability)
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Upgrades to a co-pilot experience for an additional fee is available on the day (subject to availability)
• Flights depart from Wolverhampton