• Helicopter sightseeing flight over some of Snowdonia's stunning scenery and landmarks
• Flights are taken in a Robinson R44 helicopter
• Welcome and brief technical and safety briefing
• Your pilot will point out local landmarks
• Plenty of opportunity for photographs
• You will form part of a group of between 2-3 people
• Approximately 10 minute flight around the castle
• Views of the mountains of Snowdonia and up the Menai Straits
Castles & Menai Straits
• Approximately 25 minute flight
• Fly along the straits over Caernarfon Castle, over Menai bridge and Britannia bridge
• Travel alongside Bangor, over Bangor Pier and around Beaumaris Castle
• Spectacular views of the Snowdonian mountains with sights of Puffin Island
Pwllheli & Abersoch
• Approximately 30-35 minute flight
• Fly down the Llyn Peninsula, around Pwllheli towards Abersoch
• See across to Hells Mouth and down towards Bardsey Island
What Can I Expect
There’s so much to see on these pleasure flights in North Wales! Climb aboard the helicopter and take to the skies to explore the stunning Welsh county of Gwynedd from the air. We are offering a range of helicopter sightseeing tours to suit all budgets.
The departure point for these aerial tours is Caernarfon Airport. Situated right on the edge of the shoreline at Dinas Dinlle, it’s a wonderful place to fly from. As soon as the helicopter is airborne, you’re treated to superb views all round. From crashing waves on the Irish Sea, to summits of the Snowdonia hills looking down on you.
As this corner of North Wales is literally packed to gills with historic sights, landmarks and natural wonders, we haven’t got the space to list them all here, but take it from us, you’ll be constantly spotting things out of the window of your chopper as you fly.
We currently have three different tour routes on offer for you. If you want to concentrate on North Wales’s finest and largest castle, the Caernarfon Castle trip is the one for you. It’s a 10-minute flight that packs a lot in, including this World Heritage Site right on the waterfront.
The extended 'Castles and Menai Straits' flight sees you soaring over Caernarfon, to then follow the waters of the Strait to fly right over both Britannia and the Menai Straits bridges. You’ll go as far north as bustling Bangor, seeing Garth Pier as you fly. You’ll even get glimpses of Anglesey too, with the atmospheric Penmon Point looking towards Puffin Island and the rather lovely Beaumaris Castle.
The 'Pwllheli and Abersoch' tour will see you taking a southerly heading to discover the Llyn Peninsula. There is a plethora of sandy beaches and craggy rock coves around this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and it’s a true wonder to be able to look down on this coastline from your seat in the helicopter. From lively Abersoch, to the utter tranquility of Bardsey Island, you’ll see it all.
From prehistoric burial chambers and iconic castles, to incredible bridges and gorgeous beaches, taking a pleasure flight in North Wales gives you everything. Book your seat today and make sure you bring your camera to capture this most photogenic part of Gwynedd.
• Selected weekedays and weekends throughout the year
• All flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Under 12s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• No minimum age but will need to be sat on their own seat
• Maximum weight 16 stone (102kg)
• Spectators are welcome to watch your departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Flights operate with a minimum of 2 participants, if purchasing a voucher for one person 'flying day dates' will be offered for you to book with members of another party
• Visit the Caernarfon Aviation Museum (subject to entrance charges)
• Food and drink can be purchased from the onsite cafe
• Caernarfon Airport, Caernarfon, Gwynedd