• Helicopter sightseeing flight
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Plenty of opportunity for photographs
• You will form part of a group of up to 4 people
Helicopter Tour and Cream Tea
• 18 minute themed helicopter pleasure flight
• Cream tea comprising of a scone and a cup of tea
• Please allow approximately 2 hours for this experience
30 Minute Peak District Tour
• 30 minute flight over the Peak District
• Allow just over on hour on site
What Can I Expect
Peak District sightseeing in style with these marvellous luxury helicopter tours around Derbyshire! Seeing the pretty little villages, feature-packed countryside and glistening reservoirs in and around the Peak District National Park will all be on your flight path, giving your the perfect bird's eye view of it all.
Choppers leave for the tour from Taddington, a rather sleepy little village between Buxton and Bakewell, surrounded by Peakland scenery that will take your breath away. Sitting at over 1000ft above sea level it's all about stone farmhouses and a clutch of cute cottages here. However, the tranquility will be albeit temporarily quashed when you stand in the field waiting for the executive heli to come into land.
If you've never been close to one of these machines when they swoop in over your head and pop neatly down on the ground, you'll be in for a thrill. They are really quite impressive when you are close to the action - and what's more, you will be getting in on the excitement as you hop into one of the passenger seats and get strapped in with headset on.
Now you're ready to go sightseeing, let your expert pilot show you the best of the Peak District. Immediately below you is Taddington's 14th century St Michael's church and you might catch a glimpse of the manor house or Marlborough House as you head off towards Chatsworth - surely one of the most famous sights in the Peak District.
A fly past the Mam Tor means you'll discover why this 517m-high hill's name means 'Mother Hill'. There's the hill standing proud in front of you, whilst various landslides over the centuries have created mini-hills encircling it. And truly spectacular it is too from the air!
The highlight for us on this Peak Distict sightseeing flight is the moment you explore Ladybower with her dam and the Ashopton Viaduct. As well as being impressive feats of engineering, this Y-shaped reservoir has played quite a large part in modern history, thanks to a certain bomb of the bouncing variety that was tested here by a the 617 squadron. Your pilot is sure to tell you about this as the helicopter takes time to hover over Ladybower and neighbouring Howden and Derwent, so we won't divulge anymore. All that remains for us to say is enjoy your flight!
• Selected dates between April and October
• Dates and flight times are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age six
• Under 12s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum height 6ft 6ins
• Weight restrictions: maximum 18 stone
• Spectators are welcome and may take photographs
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Photo ID and proof of address will be required on the day
• Upgrades to a co-pilot experience are available for an additional fee when booking your date (subject to availability)
• Taddington, in the heart of the Peak District