• 25 mile Scottish City helicopter tour with around 15 minutes flying time
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Plenty of opportunities for photographs
• You will form part of a group of 4 people
• Please allow one to one and a half hours on site
What Can I Expect
Take one of these wee helicopter tours over Scotland and see the beauty of this country in all its high-altitude glory! With choppers taking off from a choice of airports and helipads across the Scottish land, this has to be THE way to see the sights.
A rather slick-looking Bell Jet Ranger helicopter will be sitting waiting for you when you arrive at your chosen venue. This model of chopper has been a stalwart in the commercial and charter sectors, including ferrying oil workers on and off Scottish shores for many, many years.
Today is not about a commute though. These helicopter rides around Scotland are all about touring the locations you know and love (namely Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling, Perth and even the Borders), so you can look down on those famous sights and landmarks. Mind you, what seemed all so familiar to you on the ground may take on a whole new dimension from 2000ft above, so be prepared to take a few seconds to work out what it is you're looking at.
Having said that, there are some landmarks that are instantly recognisable from whichever angle. As you soar over the Scottish skies there'll be no missing the castle in Edinburgh, the four bridges of Perth, the 'Gateway to the Highlands’ or the former Clydeside shipyards in Glasgow where the huge gantry cranes still stand guard.
And indeed the list of remarkable features on Scotland's skylines goes on. There's modern with the Zaha Hadid designed Riverside Museum sitting pretty not far from Norman Foster's Auditorium (affectionately known by Glaswegians as the 'Armadillo’). Then there's old with the likes of Scone Abbey in Perth and Holyrood Palace in Edinburgh. There's Victorian architecture in abundance too, with Princes Street, the Royal Mile and a whole lot more besides.
You don't have to be an fan of architecture to appreciate these aerial tours over Perthshire, Renfrewshire and Edinburgh - just being able to look down on everyday life down below is amazing - as is the fact that you are riding in a fancy helicopter!
We think our helicopter tours of Scotland make for ideal gifts, whether it's sending your Granny up from Auld Reekie, paying homage to the city where Ewan McGregor was born (that'll be Perth), or letting your footy mad son check out the three top-rank stadia in and around Glasgow, your tour flightpath is bound to take you hovering over some favourite places of the Scots!
• Selected dates between March and October
• Dates and flight times are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 6
• Under 12s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum height 6ft 6ins
• Weight restrictions: maximum 18 stone
• Spectators are welcome and may take photographs
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Photo ID and proof of address will be required on the day
• Upgrades to a co-pilot experience are available for an additional fee when booking your date (subject to availability)
• Dundee Airport Dunfriesshire
• Edinburgh Helipad, West Lothian
• Inchinnan Helipad, Renfrewshire
• Perth Airport, Perthshire
• Stirling Helipad, Stirlingshire