• Helicopter sightseeing flight
• Flights are taken in a Robinson R44 helicopter that can accommodate 3 passengers
Exclusive Welshpool Heli Buzz
• 5 minute flight flying over the local stunning landscape
• Vouchers are valid for up to three passengers
• 10 minute tour taking you over the picturesque village of Berriew and Powis Castle. See how the Severn River twists and loops its way through the countryside on its way to the sea
Castles & Conflicts
• 15 minute flight
• Follow the River Severn south to view Dolforwyn Castle. Pass over the historic county town of Montgomery. Head North over Hen Domen with sights of the Shropshire Hills and Corndon over Long Mountain and Offa's Dyke. Heading back to the airport you will see amazing views of Powis Castle
The Shropshire Flight
• 30 minute flight
• Head North following the River Severn. Cross the border into England. On a clear day you can see Liverpool and the Pennines to the North, Cannock Chase and the Midlands to the East. Pass RAF Montford bridge on route to Shewsbury. Birds eye views of the Shuts and passages that criss-cross the town of Shewsbury. Head west past the Shropshire Hills, towards Wales with sights of Powis Castle
• 30 minute flight
• Fly over a stunning part of Wales. Views of Powis Castle as you head towards the Lake Vyrnwy valley. Pass over the village of Meiford with sights of Cadair Idris. You may see the peaks of Snowdonia a clear day. Continue over the forest to the waterfall of Pistyll Rhaeadr before returning over the Berwyn Mountains and down the Severn Valley to Welshpool
What Can I Expect
Explore Mid-Wales and beyond on these Welshpool helicopter flights! We have a full range of Welshpool sightseeing tours that’ll show you the very best of Mid-Wales and over the border into Shropshire. Of all the things to do in Welshpool, a spot of sightseeing by air has to be pretty high on the list!
All of these Welshpool pleasure flights depart from a very special airfield. Mid-Wales Airport just a couple miles south of the town of Welshpool, was founded by dairy farmer turned aviator Bob Jones. Bob was passionate about flying, loved his native Welshpool area and had endless determination and vision to create this airport in the midst of his fields.
Today Mid-Wales Airport is a integral part of the local community and serves as a commercial and General Aviation base for Welshpool. There are offices, hangars and a fine 1020m-long tarmac hard runway. It’s also home to the Wales Air Ambulance, so don’t be surprised if you see a big, red helicopter in the vicinity as you head off on your own heli sightseeing tour from Welshpool.
As for where you go on your Welshpool pleasure flight? Well, there is just so much to see around the whole of Mid-Wales that you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to flight itineraries. We’ve got 5 minute buzzes in the local Welshpool area, to half hour aerial adventures, with everything else in between too.
The helicopters that operate these helicopter flights out of Welshpool are modern executive choppers. They’re the sort of machines you’d expect the rich and famous to use when they need to get to A to B quickly and efficiently, landing in the heart of sporting events and country estates, for example. On these tours it’s all about letting you see Welshpool, the Severn Valley and beyond from your privileged viewpoint. Pilot’s know the area well, so will be pointing out sights, landmarks and natural wonders as you go.
From the stunning natural beauty of Pistyll Rhaeadr waterfalls and the Shropshire Hills, to the imposing Powis Castle and the delightful market town of Montgomery, there is just so much to discover on our Welshpool helicopter flights. Pick your tour, book your seat and be prepared to be wowed not only by the fact that you’re in posh helicopter, but also the amazing views you’re going be treated to.
• Selected weekdays and weekends between April and October
• All flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Maximum weight 17 stone
• Minimum age 6
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Spectators are welcome to watch your departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Shared flights are sold on the basis that all seats are occupied. The helicopter operator will do its best to fill all the seats including offering the option to add another fare paying companion(s). Flights may be rescheduled in the event that all the seats cannot be filled. Any such situation will be communicated to you by the helicopter operator in advance of the flight date
• Welshpool Airport