• Pre flight safety briefing
• 45 minute helicopter flight above York, one of the mist historic cities in England
• A tour over the village of Emmerdale situated on the Harewood Estate
• View landmarks of the famous soap including Home Farm and The Woolpack
• Flights are generally taken in Jetranger helicopters
• You will be part of a group of four participants
What Can I Expect
See the famous soap set from the air on this Emmerdale Heli Sightseeing Tour! Climb aboard an executive helicopter at Elvington Airfield on the east bank of the River Derwent in the East Riding area and take to the skies of Yorkshire for a superb aerial tour.
Emmerdale (or Emmerdale Farm as it was originally known) has been on TV since 1972. Set in the fictional village of Beckindale, the soap has seen more than its fair share of loves, dramas and scandals for a small Yorkshire farming community. The outside scenes have been shot in Arncliffe and then Esholt, but since 1998, the cast has been based at a purpose-built set at Harewood in Eccup - and this is where you will fly over.
The set is very realistic, with the church, the famous Woolpack Inn and all the houses you see regularly. But the buildings are actually all made from timber frames, with traditional Yorkshire stone cladding. You will also see Butler's Farm which is actually Brooklands, a working farm also in Eccup.
If you love the long running TV series you will love this Emmerdale sightseeing tour by helicopter. You can just imagine the likes of the Sugdens and the Dingles on set and Eric Pollard having a swift half in the Woolpack. The tour will last a total of around 45 minutes and as well as the Emmerdale set, you will see the Harewood Farm estate and other beautiful parts of Yorkshire.
• Flights are offered from March to October
• Selected weekdays and weekends available
• Dates are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 6
• Under 12s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum weight is 15 stone (95kgs)
• Spectators are welcome and may take photographs
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Upgrades to a co-pilot experience are available for an additional fee when booking your date (subject to availability)
• Elvington Airfield, York