Take time out from the humdrum of everyday life and do something different on our activity breaks! We've got activity weekends and short stays to some fascinating places, to do some fabulous things. Whether you're booking last minute, or trying to organise an action-packed break away as a special treat for the future, we've got great value activity packages for you. Activity breaks FAQs
• A four-night break for two to explore Shropshire • Take a trip on the Severn Valley Heritage Railway • Enjoy a horse drawn canal cruise on Llangollen Canal • Visit historic market towns Worcester & Much Wenlock
• A weekend break in London with a day at the Oval • Surrey CCC match tickets, ground tour & afternoon tea • Stay at the Hampton by Hilton in Docklands • Watch the afternoon's overs from a hospitality suite
• Drive a 4x4 & stay on the Coniston Estate, Yorks • An overnight stay with offroading session included • Package includes dinner and breakfast for two • Make the most of the hotel's spa facilities too
• Two night breaks at an outdoor activity centre • Weekends & weekday breaks available • Situated in a 65 acre estate in the New Forest National Park • Many activities available on site (payable locally)
• Winery tour & tasting with overnight accommodation • Take a walk around the estate's vines & woodlands • Includes a deluxe Afternoon Tea or Ploughman's • Stay in a country house hotel near the vineyard
• A break away in Wales with 4x4 driving included • Stay one or two nights in a log cabin near Swansea • Welcome & hosting by the 4x4 driving operator • Enjoy a 1hr private 4x4 lesson as part of your stay
• One or two night break for two with horse riding • Bed & breakfast at a guest house near the stables • Riding out from near New Milton in the New Forest • Includes your selected number of riding lessons
• Sign up to a girls only, fitness boot camp weekend • Various venues and dates around the country • A fun, exercise-filled bootcamp with no shouting! • Overnight accommodation, food & snacks all included
• An overnight stay in Windsor in a four star hotel • Package for two includes tickets to Windsor Castle • The hotel is right opposite Windsor Castle • Twin & dbl rooms available for Fri or Sat night stays
• RYA certificated powerboat courses in Scotland • One day out on the waters of Dumfries & Galloway • Possibility to include two nights' accommodation • Bed, breakfast & dinner with picnic included too
If you love trying new things, you will loves these activity breaks. So much more than just a break away, these packages include the accommodation and the activities. Some are physical and sport-based, others are more cultural. You just need to bring along your enthusiasm to get stuck in and have a go.
Who it’s not for
: If the words ‘activity’ and ‘holiday’ just do not go together for you, you might want to skip these activity breaks. It’s not going to be lazing around sunbathing, it’s all about getting out and about and doing things. Maybe our super relaxing spa days and breaks would be more your thing?
Quite a few of our activity breaks are packages for two people. You don’t have to be a couple though, with accommodation in twin and double bedrooms offered, so they make a great break away for BFFs, couples and for the kids to treat Mum or Dad.
Aren’t activity breaks always really expensive?
You might think a package for two people that includes activities, accommodation and quite often food too, would be pretty expensive. However, we’ve got lots of activity breaks that come in well under £200 for two, from a Friday night on the town with an overnight hotel stay, to a weekend trying outdoor activities like quad biking.
Can I do something sporty on my activity break?
You most certainly can! We’ve got horse riding, tennis, sailing, Bear Grylls survival missions and even fitness bootcamps. All levels are catered for, from beginner to expert and all the gear you need to do your chosen activity is provided for you along with coaching or instruction.
Are activity breaks available midweek and weekends?
Yes. In some cases the best value breaks are those taken mid-week. It also means there may well be fewer people on the activities, so it’s ideal of you want a budget-busting and relaxing break. If you can’t take any time off, there are lots of weekenders to be done, on a one or two night basis.
Do you have any activity break packages for solo travellers?
In general we get the best prices for breaks based on packages for two people sharing a room. We do have experiences and activities that are sold on a individual basis, with own room and shared room options. The options box above the ‘Add to basket’ button on each page will show you what type of vouchers are available for each break.
Are all the activities outdoors?
Whilst there are a good few that involve the great outdoors, there are also plenty of activities that can be enjoyed indoors, so rain won’t stop your fun. From murder mystery weekends and Fawlty-towers style dinner parties, to wine tasting and theatre breaks, we’ve got something for all weathers.
I’m not very sporty. Do you have any other type activity breaks for me?
Of course! But before you dismiss the sportier activities, don’t forget that no previous experience is necessary and all the gear you need is included, so this is the perfect opportunity to push yourself to give something completely new a go. If not, we’ve got a lovely pick of things like steam railway weekends and Brighton breaks with i360 tickets included.
Is the accommodation in hotels?
Mostly, yes. We have hotels ranging from high end four and five star establishments with all the modern comforts you could ever need, to comfy B&Bs and even wooden log cabins. If you do fancy staying in something like a treehouse, yurt or a pod, you should take a look at our Glamping Breaks!
Are the activities included in the price of the break?
Yes. We’ve got steam train rides, stadium tours, West End shows, wine tasting, murder mystery, 4x4 driving, falconry, yachting and lots more activities that are included in the price of your break. All the gear you need is included too and where necessary, all the instruction you need to really make the most of your chosen activity day. And all that without having to make the long trek back home, as you’ll be staying at least one night.
Can I take my dog?
It totally depends on the activity break you’ve chosen. The majority do not accept dogs on the activity sites, but do check each individual page. Don’t hesitate to use our online chat (it appears from the right hand side of our website) if you want to double check with us directly about anything.
Are there any activity breaks suitable for families?
Many of the packages make superb activity weekends away for families. It’s your chance to try something new all together and relax with a couple of nights away from home too. Look at each individual package to see which ones are suitable for a family.
Can I go on an activity break at any time of year?
Most of the activities we offer are available year round, even the outdoor ones, so yes, you can treat yourselves to a break at any time of year. That means you can make the most of the quieter times of year outside the school holidays.
Where can I go on an activity break in the UK?
There are places to go and things to do all over the UK. We’ve collated an eclectic mix of activity breaks to suit everyone from sporty types to relaxing types, with a one or two night stay included. Just some of the areas in the country where out activity breaks take place include: