• Pre-flight safety briefing
• Flight time of approximately 15 minutes
• You will be sharing your helicopter ride with up to five other passengers
What Can I Expect
Take in a different view of this stately home with a Helicopter tour of Chatsworth House! Chatsworth, near Bakewell in the heart of the Derbyshire Peak District, is the seat of the Duke of Devonshire and has been the home to his Cavendish family since 1549 - and is one of the country's best-loved country houses and estates.
Open to the public, Chatsworth is a marvellous place to visit on foot, but to get the true sense of its majesty and impressive location, nothing beats a helicopter tour so you can fly right over the iconic house and estate to get that rare bird's eye view. Rows of visitor cars will look tiny as you cruise over at around 1500ft, but the house always looks impressive and from the air and you get to really appreciate the symmetry of those finely manicured formal gardens.
As you hover over Chatsworth your pilot will point out landmarks such as the Hunting Tower that looks down on the house from the tree-lined hillside, the much-photographed Cascade, the Grotto, the Willow Tree Fountain and stone bridge and weir. You'll also swoop over the extensive deer park that surrounds the mansion and the various farms dotted around the estate.
Not only does your helicopter tour of Chatsworth House show you this famous tourist attraction, you will also see some of the wilds of the Peak District National Park and the River Derwent, with tumulus, mysterious stone circles and cairns. We think this 15 minute tour in a smart helicopter is the only way to 'do' Chatsworth House!
• Selected weekend dates from March to October
• Minimum age 6
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum weight limit is 18 stone
• Maximum height is 6ft 3ins
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch the take off and landing
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Flights depart from Owler Bar, just South of Sheffield