• Helicopter sightseeing tour of the Dorset coast
• Flights are taken in either a Robinson R44 Raven II or Eurocopter EC120
• Choose from a 20 or 30 minute flight duration
• You will form part of a group of 3-4 participants dependent on the helicopter
20 Minute Flight
• Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth Beach, Sandbanks and Poole Harbour
30 Minute Flight
• In addition to the sights above you will also see Studland, Swanage and Old Harry Rocks
What Can I Expect
Discover the best of the Jurassic coast on these Dorset helicopter tours! Heli sightseeing is quite possibly the most luxurious and fabulous way to see the coastal pleasures around the county of Dorset. You get to see parts you would never get to see on foot - and all from the comfort of your executive chopper.
The coastline of Dorset is breathtakingly beautiful. There are traditional seaside resorts, nature reserves galore and clifftop areas that are as nature intended, thus maintaining that wild, at one with nature feel. This is where touring by helicopter comes into its own. No bobbing around on a boat, no trudging through muddy fields and along steep paths, you just gracefully sweep in, hover and swoosh off again to the next must-see sight.
These Dorset pleasure flights set off from Bournemouth Airport, the bustling International Airport just a few miles in land from Bournemouth and Christchurch. Within minutes of the rotor blades starting to turn, your helicopter will have whisked you to one of the most visited and historically important parts of the Dorset coast - Hengistbury Head Nature reserve, site of archaeological importance and just a beautiful spot, it’s simply magical when viewed from the air.
After that your flight path over Dorset in your chopper could well include all those lovely beaches and seafronts the county is known for. From Bournemouth’s golden sands and green Chines, to the millionaire’s peninsula that is Sandbanks and the busy harbour at Poole. It’s all truly fascinating to view from 1500ft in the air and even more so if you already know the area.
For those who opt for the longer Dorset helicopter tours that last half an hour, your flight continues south over Studland to the next seaside resort of Swanage, which is surrounded by nature reserves. Yet another highlight on your return is the iconic and very picturesque Old Harry Rocks, with the grass-topped white cliffs plunging into the crashing waves. Very impressive when seen from your helicopter and ridiculously photogenic too.
• Flights generally take place on Sundays with one date available per month
• Dates and session times are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 10
• Under 14s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Under 18s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• All passengers must be able to wear the seatbelt fitted to the aircraft
• Participants must be able to get in and out of the aircraft unassisted
• Spectators are welcome to observe the take of and landing
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Drinks and refreshments can be purchased from the on site cafe
• Bournemouth Airport, Christchurch, Dorset