• A Sightseeing Flight in a Jet Ranger Helicopter
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Plenty of opportunity for photographs
• You will form part of a group of 4 people
Helicopter Tour and Cream Tea for Two People
• A 10 minute (15 mile) themed helicopter pleasure flight
• Cream Tea for Two
• Take in stunning views of Morecambe Bay and Lake Windermere
• Please allow approximately 2 hours for this experience
30 Minute Lake District Tour
• A 30 minute flight over the Lake District
• Landmarks and sights include the historic Belle Isle, Stors Hall, Bowness, Lake Windermere, Furness Fells and Ambleside
• Allow just over on hour on site
What Can I Expect
One of the best ways to do a Lake District tour has to be by helicopter, with the chance to see the water, the mountains and towns and villages around the wonderful Lake Windermere from the air.
The Lake District is one of the most popular tourist areas of the UK. In summer, roads can get saturated and the towns are teeming with people. With this helicopter voyage you'll be avoiding all the hassle on the ground and only getting the very best views of this, one of the most celebrated and picturesque parts of country.
We are offering two different flight paths for you on these Lake District helicopter tours. The 10 minute flight takes off to the North West and heads over the wide expanse that is Morecambe Bay, before heading up towards Windermere, the largest lake of the Lake District.
If you go for the extended 30-minute Lake District tour, the helicopter will take a longer route, setting off in a westerly direction over the delightful hamlet of Newby Bridge, just at the southern tip of Lake Windermere. From here you'll take the most panoramic flight path you could imagine, so you can watch the waters ripple beneath you. You'll pass the likes of Storrs Hall, the impressive Grade II Georgian lakeside mansion that's now a four star hotel, Bowness, Ambleside and Furness Fells - including Coniston Old Man, the highest summit at 803m.
Both Lake District tours take off from Greenlands Farm Village, a working dairy farm, family activity and visitor centre at Tewitfield, just north of Carnforth, ideally placed for exploring the lake District by heli. Within seconds of taking off, you'll be able to start picking out all those sights.
Once back on terra firma, passengers with the cream tea option will be invited for a spot of tea back at the farm to round off a superb sightseeing trip around the lovely Lake District area.
• Selected dates between April and October
• Dates and flight times are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age six
• Under 12s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum height 6ft 6ins
• Weight restrictions: maximum 18 stone
• Spectators are welcome and may take photographs
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Upgrades to a co-pilot experience are available for an additional fee when booking your date (subject to availability)
• Greenlands Farm Village, Carnforth