• Short pre-flight briefing
• A 30 minute flight over Oxford and the surrounding countryside
• You may be part of a small group of up to five passengers on the day
• Allow just over an hour on site
What Can I Expect
Soar over the seat of learning with this Oxford Helicopter Tour! Oxford is home to the oldest university in the English-speaking world and the combination of impressive Gothic architecture, pretty town centre and a cosmopolitan feel, make the city a perennially popular tourist attraction. Now you have the chance to see the sights from the air.
This wonderful helicopter tour will show you just why Oxford is called the city of dreaming spires. Beautifully preserved churches and university buildings dominate the skyline, making an aerial tour the only way to really appreciate the likes of All Saint's, Keeble, Merton and Christchurch colleges that combine to make the prestigious Oxford University. You don't have to be a scholarly type to enjoy this tour, after all, this is true Inspector Morse country and as well as seeing the city centre you will fly over stunning Oxfordshire countryside, much of which featured in the TV shows too.
Your Oxford helicopter tour will last 30 minutes, climbing to around 1000ft and flying over the countryside as well as the city centre. Using headsets, you will be able to listen to a commentary to help you pinpoint all the significant sights as you go so you don't miss anything.
• Flights operate over Oxford on selected weekends from March to October
• Please ensure you take photo ID and proof of address with you on the day
• Maximum weight is 18 stone (please advise supplier if over 16 stone)
• Minimum age is six years old
• All under 12s must be accompanied by a paying adult
• Friends and family are welcome to watch take off and landing and take photos
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Upgrades to a co-pilot experience are available for an additional fee when booking your date (subject to availability)
• Tour leaves from Oxford Helipad, Chalgrove