• A Wolverhampton Helicopter Flight
• Welcome, safety briefing and introduction by your helicopter pilot
• You may be with two other participants if flying in the Robinson R44 and four other passengers if flying in the AS350 Single Squirrel helicopter
• 8 mile flight lasting around 5 minutes
• View the local scenery from an aerial perspective
• Allow 15 minutes for this experience
Bridnorth Pleasure Flight
• 16 mile flight lasting around 10 minutes
• A scenic flight over the historic town of Bridgnorth and the River Severn
• Allow 20 minutes for this experience
Ironbridge, Severn & Bridgnorth Tour
• 34 mile flight lasting around 20 minutes
• Amazing views of The Severn Valley Railway and the River Severn
• Fly over The Iron Bridge, Bridgnorth and Dudmaston Hall
What Can I Expect
Take a helicopter ride from the Birmingham area and discover the wonders of the historic Severn Valley whilst enjoying the thrill of being in a luxurious helicopter! This fascinating corner of the country has quite a few little surprises to show you and as you hover over the towns and villages in your fancy chopper, your pilot will point all those main landmarks out to you.
If you fancy a short, but very sweet hover around the local countryside, the buzz flight will give you just enough time to feel totally exhilarated by the fact that you are actually in a fancy helicopter, whilst you whizz over farmland, fields, little lakes and country lanes around the Bobbington area, from where you take off.
If you love delightful Bridgnorth, we can highly recommend the 10 minute ride, that'll see heading over there to look directly down on High and Low town on the right and left banks of the River Severn respectively. It's a great way to see this lovely little English market town and if you look carefully you might spot the famous Castle Hill funicular railway!
But the ultimate experience has to be riding out of Birmingham in the helicopter to quickly come across one of the most photographed sights in the whole of the Midlands - the Iron Bridge at Telford. This was the first arch bridge to be built out of cast iron and is seen as something of a symbol of the Industrial Revolution which put towns like Birmingham and Wolverhampton firmly on the manufacturing map. Still as beautiful and impressive today, the bridge takes on a whole new allure when viewed from the air.
The helicopter's flight path for your 20 minute excursion then follows the tranquil River Severn heading away from Birmingham along the Ironbridge Gorge, where the waters flows freely. You'll be able to spot the Blists Hill Victorian Town, Coalbrookdale Museum of Iron and even the large brick kilns that were so common in the area as you fly. You'll then come across Dudmaston Hall, a manor house and village built by John Birch in 1870 that dominates the local countryside - see if you can spot the cure boathouse from the helicopter!
Helicopter rides out of Birmingham operate out of the ex RAF airfield that is now known as Halfpenny Green Airport near Bobbington, west of Birmingham's city centre. You will take your helicopter ride of discovery in either a Robinson R44 helicopter or a single squirrel, with an expert pilot at the helm as you explore the Black Country beyond Brum!
• Selected days of the month usually at weekends , February to November
• No minimum or maximum age requirements but all under 10's must accompanied in the helicopter by a fare paying adult
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Spectators are welcome to view take off and landing
• There is a cafeteria on site for refreshments for waiting guests
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Passengers must arrive 20 minutes prior to their flight time
• Tour routes can vary due to change due to weather conditions and air traffic control
• Upgrades to a co-pilot experience are available for an additional fee when booking your date (subject to availability)
• Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green Airport near Stourbridge