• Pre-flight safety briefing
• You will be sharing your helicopter ride with up to five other passengers
• Plenty of photo opportunities
Choose from the following options:
• Pleasure flights: 5 minutes (6 miles) or 10 minutes (15 miles)
• Tours: 15 minute Nottingham City Tour or 30 minute Nottingham City and Countryside Tour
What Can I Expect
See sporting venues, castles and country houses on our Sightseeing Tours of Nottingham! Taking off from Nottingham Heliport, you will enjoy both the thrill of a ride in an executive helicopter and being able to see the sights of Notts from the air.
Five and 10 minute pleasure flights will see you climbing aboard the luxury exec chopper, popping on your own personal intercom headset and strapping yourself in ready for the ride. The sensation of lifting off vertically into the air is truly amazing, then the pleasure of these flights is whizzing over the countryside around the airport at speeds of up to 100mph and at just 1000ft off the ground - the perfect choice for a first heli trip.
On the 15 minute tour you will swoop down into Nottingham city centre, crossing the river at West Bridgford where you'll get a superb bird's eye view of Trent Bridge Cricket Ground, the Nottingham Forest stadium and Notts County's Meadow Lane pitch too. No aerial tour of Nottingham would be complete without a fly past over the famous castle on the hill, leading to the luxury private Park estate behind.
Opting for the luxury 30 minute tour gives you the chance to see all those landmarks in the city centre, as well as heading further afield to check our places such as Wollaton Hall and park from the air, the University and the countryside on the Nottingham/Derbyshire border before heading back to base.
All sightseeing tours of Nottingham start with a safety briefing on the ground, where you will meet your helicopter pilot for the trip and have a look around the heli you'll be flying in. Once onboard, the pilot will point out all the prominent features and buildings for you, as even if you know Nottingham well, you're sure to remark that everything looks different from high up!
• Selected weekends from March to October
• Minimum age six
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum weight limit is 18 stone
• Maximum height is 6ft 3ins
• Spectators are welcome to watch the take off and landing
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Nottingham Heliport