• Helicopter sightseeing flight
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Plenty of opportunity for photographs
• Your will form part of a group of up to 4 passengers
• Please allow one to one and a half hours on site
Flight distances and durations
• 10 km - 5 minute flight
• 20 km - 8 minute flight
• 45 km - 15 minute flight
• 75 km - 30 minute flight
What Can I Expect
Book your seat on a helicopter ride in Ireland and discover the beautiful Emerald Isle from the air! What better way to see the lush green lands of Eire than a sightseeing tour by chartered helicopter? We’ve got take off destinations in various Irish counties to explore the very best bits Ireland has to offer.
As the third-largest island in Europe, Ireland is home to nearly seven million and boasts beautiful coastline, sleepy villages, vibrant cities and great culture too. From the Atlantic coast on the west, to the waters of the Irish Sea that separates the island from Great Britain, there’s so much to discover. And what could be more thrilling than touring Ireland than by helicopter?
Your experienced pilot will take you up and away over the Irish countryside and coastline on a aerial expedition that’ll take your breathe away. We have a full programme of flights available, from five minute rides to look down on the local area, to tours that cover 75kms, with landmarks and nature wonders abound.
Operating out of four different locations, these tours cover the different corners of Ireland. Getting airborne from Waterford Airport in Killowen gives you superb views of south eastern Ireland and the Crystal County. Taking to the air from the coastal airport in North Wicklow boasts brilliant panoramas of the Irish Sea, flanked by the lovely Wicklow Mountains National Park, with the Dublin skyline to the north.
Going west, we’ve got departures from Killarney Racecourse in County Kerry. Famed for world-class golf courses, this is a great area to explore from a helicopter, with even the shortest rides taking in some of Ireland’s finest golf courses perched right on the Atlantic coastline. You might even see some rather impressive buildings from the air, such as the 15th Century Ross Castle.
Heading further up Ireland’s west coast, helicopter rides from Llsdoonvarna in County Clare are a real delight. This wonderful little spa town is where Irish music is a deep-rooted tradition. If you head out towards the North Atlantic Ocean, look out for Doolin, where folk music and great food go hand in hand with its pretty harbour-side pubs. Father Ted fans might even glimpse the Aran Islands on the horizon, home of Craggy Island.
A helicopter ride over Ireland is quite simply the best way to see the best bits of Irish life. From championship golf courses and secret coastal coves, to pretty villages in the glens and seaside fishing towns, Ireland really does have it all. Time to take a look at it from 1500ft up in the air!
• Selected weekend dates from May to October
• Flights are generally once a month at each venue
• All flights are subject to weather conditions, should your flight be postponed it will be rescheduled for a mutually convenient date
• Minimum age six
• Under 12s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum height 6ft 6ins
• Weight restrictions: maximum 18 stone, please advise when booking your date if you are over 15 stone
• Spectators are welcome and may take photographs
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Photo ID and proof of address will be required on the day
• Upgrades to a co-pilot experience are available for an additional fee when booking your date (subject to availability)
•Waterford , Waterford Airport
•Cork, Cork Racecourse
•Dublin, Ballyboughal Airfield
•Clare, Spanish Point
•Mayo, Knock Airport
•Kerry, Ardfert Airfield, Kerry
•Please note locations are subject to change