When you go Off Roading, it's going to be a case of river deep, mountain high! As soon as you feel the power of the 4x4, you'll know you're on an extreme off road experience. Whatsmore, these impressive off roading vehicles just love mud, dirt, lumps and bumps and these hands-on experiences will test your off road driving skills to the max.
We’ve got everything from Land Rovers and Range Rovers, to customised 4WDs, Jeeps and pick-ups on offer at centres all over the country. Isn’t it time you got your head into gear to take on some serious off roading obstacles, all far away from the monotony of the daily commute? This is simply the most fun you can ever have at 5mph! Read more...
• Take on the 'Quarry' on this Wrington farm estate • Venue is south of Bristol & easily accessible • Take it in turns to drive the 4x4 off roader • Each participant gets around 15mins of off road drive time
• 4x4 experience spent off roading nr Aberfoyle, Stirlingshire • Drive three tracks on the off road circuit • Sessions start with an instructor-driven demo • Fleet includes Landys, Land Cruisers and Mavericks
• A range of 4x4 sessions at Whitecliff Quarry • Drive Land Rovers & Range Rovers offroad • Get a real insight into the 4x4 off road experience with expert tuition • Lunch is included on all experiences
• Experience driving a Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4x4 in Scotland • A purpose-built off-road course at Knockhill • Run as small group session with you all in the car • Water splashes, ravines, steep drops & more
• Drive an amazing Kubota RTV for off road adventures • Demo drive to see the vehicle's capabilities • Tackle the extreme 4x4 course with forest and moorland • Invite passengers to share the ride/driving
• 1:1 4x4 off road tuition from a BORDA approved instructor • Get behind the wheel of a Landrover Defender 90 • Challenge axle twisters, slopes and deep water • Various driving durations to choose from
• Drive extreme 4x4 Land Rovers & Range Rovers at Halewood • Test your skills on the off-road track • Opportunity to try the Land Rover models on the open road • Experiences hosted and organised by Land Rover
• An Extreme 4x4 trek in the Peak District around Hope Valley • Green laning in a expedition-equipped Land Rover • Shared or exclusive drive sessions offered • The only operator in this area of the Peak District
• Drive a 4x4 & stay on the Coniston Estate, Yorks • An overnight stay with offroading session included • Package includes dinner and breakfast for two • Make the most of the hotel's spa facilities too
• Drive a Hummer H2 for 3 or 6 miles on the track • Takes place at Prestwold Driving Centre in Leicestershire • See how you handle this left hand drive hulk! • High speed passenger ride bolt-on available too
• Taster & full factory tours of Land Rover plants • Choose to visit the Halewood or Solihull plants • See latest Land Rover & Range Rovers being made • Exclusive access to live manufacturing facilities
Unlike other driving experiences, 4x4ing isn't all about the need for speed and a cacophony of engine and exhaust noise. This motoring sport is all about control, anticipating where you're going and knowing your vehicle and its capabilities. Let's face it, quite a few of us have all-wheel-drive cars these days, but how many of them actually get to go beyond the pavement?
Having said that, a straight-out-of-the-showroom SUV may not cut the mustard. You have to have the right motor for the job and always top of the list is the Land Rover Defender. This incredibly solid piece of automotive engineering has stood the test of time and is ridiculously tough, yet agile, despite its curb weight. However, there are plenty of other beefy boys on the block, so look out for experiences where you get to test the off road mettle of vehicles like a Mitsubishi or a Toyota.
Of course, all of the venues we offer are different. Some are manmade circuits on the edge of airfields whilst others are in spectacular former quarries. Whilst you might find yourself weaving in and out of the trees on a forest trail, you could also be attacking rutted tracks across wild and windswept countryside - we really have got it all. Take a look at our 4x4 driving video to give you an idea of what it’s like driving an off road vehicle.
Learn from highly qualified BORDA/LANTRA 4x4 driving instructors
So that's the cars and the locations done, but who will be showing you the ropes? All our off roading instructors are advanced drivers who are highly qualified and are excellent teachers, with many BORDA or LANTRA registered. You won't feel like you're on a 4x4 driving lesson, but it will be a completely new approach to motoring, as you learn skills that often go against what you instinctively want to do.
In fact, we bet the first thing you'll want to do when you reach a water trough is to plunge in and then accelerate to get yourself out. Oops you've stalled. That's because the name of the 4x4 driving game here is all about momentum rather than speed. A 4x4 experience will build your confidence. It will tell you keeping it steady, having built up to a suitable speed before you took your dip, means you cruise and come out of the other side with a huge grin on your face. That’s is, you've nailed one of the first tricks of this off roading malarky!
Learn off roading in a couple of hours, on a half or full day 4x4 driving session
You'll also be amazed at what you can learn in just a day. Even one of our shorter off roading taster sessions will give you the satisfaction of successfully tackling terrain you'd never thought was possible in a car. Once again, it's all about technique, that’s to say, not changing gear when you hit a tricky obstacle, knowing the maximum approach angle of your vehicle and using things like differential lock to get you out of sticky situations.
Above all else, 4x4 driving is a massively fun experience. And in Land Rover's own words, off roading is all about going 'as slow as possible and as fast as necessary’. And believe us, when you feel the wheels start to spin and you can touch the ground out of the driver’s window with your elbow because you're leaning that far over, there's nothing like it! So, grab your driving gloves and come off roading in your favourite 4x4 car with Into The Blue.