• Drive three off road vehicles from a selection including; Kia Jeep, Daihatsu Fourtrack or Landrover 90 and 4x4 Trials Buggy
• You will be forming part of a group of three drivers, buggy instruction is 1:1, other group members may ride as passengers in the larger vehicles
• Hot drinks are provided
• Experiences last approximately two hours with around 30 minutes of drive time per driver
• Choose the three person option for an exclusive driving session
What Can I Expect
Three is the magic number when it comes to this wild and wacky 4x4 Sussex experience, where you drive a trio of off road vehicles. Not just your ordinary off road trek, this action-packed bumper selection of all-terrain vehicles sees you behind the wheel of two modified Land Rovers and a purpose-built, fully-caged, 4x4 trials buggy.
The session starts gently, with the Sussex grounds offering a ‘Meadow Meander’ in your first Landy. There are slopes, mud and woodland obstacles to overcome, making it the ideal introduction to off-roading. Then we crank up the heat in another modified Land Rover for the ‘Jungle Run’ – ploughing headlong through thick undergrowth, catching glimpses of daylight as you rollick your way through the wilderness. Forget Sussex - it’s like 4x4ing in the Amazon Rainforest!
For the grand finale, you’re bundled into a 4x4 trials buggy for Sussex’s ultimate off-road challenge, going where no standard 4x4 would dare to go. This purpose-built, hair-raising and occasionally vertigo-inducing route includes driving along a stream bed and overcoming a 6ft drop that’s pretty much vertical. You need to complete the marked-out course making as few mistakes and therefore amassing as fewer penalties as possible – not as easy as it sounds!
All 4x4 sessions in Sussex begin with a safety talk and a brief introduction to 4x4 driving. You’ll be accompanied by an experienced instructor from the Sussex centre at all times, who will guide you through the technical difficulties of off-roading, as well as ensuring you don’t make any major mistakes.
For the duration of the activity you’ll be with a maximum of two other people to make a group of three. You all get equal time driving the 4x4 vehicles, but if you’d rather be with people you know, get a couple of friends or family members involved and turn the day into a friendly competition.
This two-hour course is a brilliant and engaging way of introducing off-road driving to novices, with bags of excitement and tricky obstacles requiring all your nerve and determination. Because of the stepped levels of difficulty, this is great for experienced drivers as well as anyone wanting to improve their on- and off-road confidence. Get yourself in gear for this 4x4 Sussex session and be prepared for not one, but three bumpy drives!
• Available on selected weekend dates throughout the year
• Morning and afternoon sessions are usually available
• Minimum age 17
• A driving licence is not required but participants must know how to drive
• Drivers who are over 2 metres tall or weighing 20 stone may not fit in all the vehicles
• Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing suitable for outdoor facilities and flat-soled shoes that will provide good grip and support on muddy, uneven terrain.
• Up to two spectators per driver are welcome to attend on the day and can usually expect a ride in one of the vehicles
• There are no indoor viewing areas and as there are vehicles driving around the site, it is not suitable for very young children.
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The venue is a purpose built off road driving centre located near East Grinstead, between Tunbridge Wells and Crawley.