• A 15-20 minute demonstration drive from the instructor
• Drive the purpose built 4x4 including 3 of the trails on the 4x4 track
• Vehicles used include the Land Rover Discovery, Vauxhall Monterey and Toyota Land Cuiser however exact vehicles cannot be guaranteed
• Approximately 25-30 minutes behind the wheel
• This is a shared experience with other drivers, up to 3 passengers can join your experience for an additional £12 per person subject to availability
• Allow a minimum of 45 minutes on site for your experience depending on the number of drivers
What Can I Expect
More of a lovely Lowland Lilt than a Highland Fling this 4x4 Stirlingshire experience will see you taking an off-road vehicle for a spin on one very muddy dance floor. Test your driving skills when you tackle three different tracks on this extensive off road circuit just 30 minutes' drive from Stirling.
Indeed the setting for your offroading session is very pretty. Right on the edge of the Trossachs National Park and just a couple miles away from the whitewashed walls of the cottages in Gartmore village, this 4x4 centre is nestled in between the forest and fields, three miles south of Aberfoyle.
In fact, this buzzing wee venue is a fully-equipped outdoor centre with a wealth of activities to try including 4x4 driving, which happens to be the very first experience this Stirlingshire team offered and still one of the most popular. And when you see the course, you’ll instantly see why it consistently gets the thumbs up from participants.
It’s a well-worn path here in Stirlingshire, which means it is properly rutted in places, with rocks poking out of the ground and mud abound. Some of the tracks cross the open prairies of the farmland. Others twist and wind themselves in and around the trees. There's one particularly steep slope that will see you side-slipping down it, trying to avoid smacking into the trees on either side as you go.
Luckily, the rugged fleet of resident 4x4s in Stirlingshuire love this sort of terrain. The classic Land Rover Discovery is there, but there are also regular outings for the likes of the Toyota Land Cruiser and the Vauxhall Monterey too. Whichever vehicle is working on the day of your off road drive, it’s going to be pushed to the absolute limit of what is physically possible in a motor vehicle. And all that with you in the driver’s seat, putting in a sterling effort to keep the car on the straight and narrow!
What is really good about this experience is that before each session of 4x4ing in Stirlingshire, you are taken on an instructor-driven demo. This means you can check out in advance where you’ll be going and have a good idea of the sort of obstacles these off road vehicles can tackle. All that then remains is for you to try and replicate what your expert driver did when it’s your turn at the wheel!
• Fridays-Mondays throughout the year, subject to availability
• Minimum age for this experience is 16 years old, (please click here for details of kids 4x4 driving)
• All under 18s need to be accompanied by an adult in the vehicle, one adult may accompany under 18s at no additional charge
• Maximum weight of 18 stone
• All participants require moderate level of fitness and no back, neck or spinal medical conditions/injuries
• This activity is not suitable for pregnant woman
• Guests are welcome to join participants in the vehicle for £12 per person (Payable direct) Subject to availability
• Maximum of 4 people in the vehicle at one time including the participant
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Tea and Coffee can be purchased on site, toilet facilities are also available
• All customers must sign a waiver on arrival
• Gartmore, Stirlingshire