• Off road tuition in a jeep or similar vehicle
• 20-30 minute briefing including tips and advice on off road driving techniques
• Learn the skills needed to take a vehicle off road with expert tuition
• Instruction is exclusive so the session can be tailored to your needs
• Please allow approximately 2 hours for this experience
• Choose the extended session and experiences will last for 3 hours
What Can I Expect
Find out what you're capable of on these 4x4 training days! This off road training is exclusive and bespoke to you. That means one-to-one 4x4 tuition, so you will be taught what you want to know about off roading. Whether you’re a 4x4 owner or not, these courses offer an invaluable insight into four wheel drive motoring.
Highly informative - that’s what these 4x4 driver training sessions are. All tutors have attained a high level of expertise when it comes to driving in varied situations on varying terrain. They’ll give you excellent advice and loads of handy hints to get you 4x4ing with confidence, so you come away with an accurate idea of what you can do at the wheel of a 4x4.
It may be that you want your personalised 4wd training to concentrate on driving in difficult conditions. Let’s face it, tackling snow, ice, mud or water can be scary. These training courses can teach the techniques for avoiding slipping, sliding or stalling and what to do if you do. Maybe you want to push yourself and the car to the limits to go as steep as you can - in which case, you’ll be learning about going as slowly as possible and as fast as necessary, to tackle the drops and the steeps.
Whatever conditions you're driving in, 4x4 training is all about careful pedal pressure, progressive throttle work, gentle steering technique and knowing when and how to brake. Then there’s spatial awareness. You need to know the vital statistics of your car, such as height, width, ground clearance and wading depths. That way, you’re aware of where and how to go.
All this and whole lot more will be covered in these 4 wheel drive training courses. We’re offering two-hour sessions and extended three-hour courses, both of which include and start off with a 20 to 30-minute briefing. This is when you’ll map out what you’ll be doing on your session, what you hope to achieve and learn some basics about vehicles that are 4x4.
After that, it’s straight into the car and you’ll be off out onto the tracks and trails of this Sussex centre. And don’t forget, this 4x4 training is all taught on a one-to-one basis, so it’s just you and your instructor. No waiting around for your turn, just good old wholesome 4x4ing around the Meadow Meander and the Jungle Run at this superb venue!
• Available weekday and weekends dates February to December
• Dates and session times are subject to availability
• Minimum age 17
• A driving licence is not required but participants must know how to drive
• Drivers who are over 2 metres tall or weighing 20 stone may not fit in the vehicles
• Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing suitable for outdoor facilities and flat-soled shoes that will provide good grip and support on muddy, uneven terrain
• Up to two spectators are welcome to attend on the day, and may ride as a passenger in the vehicle
• There are no indoor viewing areas and as there are vehicles driving around the site so it is not suitable for very young children
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• East Grinstead, Sussex