• Drive Land Rover Discoveries
• All sessions start with a safety briefing
• Highly skilled instructors will demonstrate what the 4x4s are capable of
• Drive the off road course tackling obstacles including; ascents and descents, log and tyre balancing and water splashes
• Experience lasts around three hours
• You will form part of a group of 3 participants
• Approximately one hour of drive time per person, alternating between the other drivers during which time you will be a passenger in the vehicle
• 4x4 off road course completion certificate
What Can I Expect
Release the driving demon inside you with our torque-tingling experience behind the wheel of a 4x4 in Wiltshire. Aimed at drivers new to the thrill of handling a four-wheel drive, this stunning off-road route simulates all the hazards you might expect on open ground – and some that you wouldn’t – making this is a great way to explore the full possibilities that 4x4 driving offers.
Set in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside at the Castle Combe Circuit, our half-day 4x4 extravaganza will have you facing crazy climbs, dizzying descents and watery challenges, testing your motoring mettle to the limit. The custom-built course provides all of the fun that any off-roading session involves, but combines it skilfully with developing driver awareness and confidence.
As a BORDA (British Off-Road Driving Association) accredited school, the centre at Wiltshire certainly knows its stuff when it comes to 4x4ing. Their motor of choice is a Land Rover Discovery, one of the most popular four-wheel drives ever manufactured and it’s as much in demand now as it was back in 1989, when it was first released both on and off the UK roads. These rough-and-ready vehicles are designed to cope with all kinds of terrain, so they’re the ideal pick for the wet-and-wild conditions you’ll encounter at the Wiltshire grounds.
Following a welcome an introduction, your driving instructor will take you through a car safety session, before it’s into the driver’s seat for your first chunk of all-terrain tuition. After covering the use of the Land Rover’s differential locks, as well as how to successfully negotiate log bridges and other nerve-wracking obstacles such as water pools and traverses, you’ll finish your session in Wiltshire with a quick explanation of 4x4 driving etiquette before being presented with your personalised offroad course completion certificate.
The whole session lasts approximately three hours and is perfectly suited to novice off-roaders or newly qualified drivers to help develop their manoeuvring abilities. Up to three drivers are allowed per vehicle, so this works equally well for a group of friends or a car-crazy couple on the hunt for off road adventure. If you’re looking for a weekend drive with a difference, our 4x4 Wiltshire offering is hard to beat.
• All year round on selected Saturdays and Sundays
• Date availability is subject to a minimum of 2 guests so individuals will be joining other drivers. Vouchers for 2 or 3 people will have a much wider range of date available.
• All drivers must hold a full UK driving licence
• Spectators are welcome, however viewing is limited as most of the driving course is not visible from the centre
• There are onsite tea and coffee making facilities
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Castle Combe Circuit, Near Chippenham, Wiltshire
• The centre is a BORDA (British Off-Road Driving Association) accredited school