• The sessions run with a three drivers to one instructor ratio
• You'll drive a Land Rover Discovery for around 55mins on the half day and around 25 minutes on the 1.5 hour experience
What Can I Expect
You see an awful lot of four wheel drive vehicles in this county, but how many actually go off roading in Kent? All the vehicles at this off road diving centre in Mid Kent are more than happy to get splashed in muddy water and get covered in dirt - which is what really being off road in Kent is all about and what they were originally built for after all!
This is one seriously challenging Kentish off road course near Maidstone with acres and acres of woods, fields and orchards to test your driving skills to the max. The set up is certainly impressive and that's because this team works full time offering off road driver training to professionals and commercial clients, so facilities here in Kent are excellent and events are very well organised.
For these fun and informative small group sessions we are offering either a one and a half hour experience or a half day. Both will show off the capabilities of the four wheeled drive cars at this BORDA and LANTRA (the 4x4 driving associations) approved off roading centre that's one of the most respected and renowned in Kent.
Those opting for the 90 minute small group session will have a short in vehicle briefing on technique and a demonstration from your instructor before you set off to tackle the specially designed off-road challenge here in the rolling Kent countryside. Your instructor will be beside you, helping with advice to ensure you enjoy the experience to the maximum as you scale crazy gradients and negotiate axle-twisting cambers. The course has features that will provide a challenge for experienced off road drivers as well as for beginners.
The half day experience adds in a classroom theory session to the mix to cover the principles of off road driving and ensure that all participants are confident before setting off. You will be driving around this Kent course in groups of three plus instructor, with each person taking a turn at the wheel so you can all learn from each other's experiences and giving you at least 55 minutes personal drive time across the three to three and a half hours.
So go on, leave the tarmac roads behind and have a go at off roading in Kent. You might be surrounded by sleepy villages and hop farms, but it's all action on this West Malling farmland when you drop the clutch and get ready to drive off into the dirt, grit and mud, well away from the public roads. Great fun.
• These experiences take place on selected Saturdays
• Other days may be available by arrangement
• Minimum age is 16.
• If you are extraordinarily tall or short or feel your physique may impair your enjoyment of this activity in any way please check with the centre when booking
• The maximum weight is 20 stone
• You must arrive 15 minutes before your booked start time
• Please wear comfortable casual clothing and footwear that you do not mind getting dirty
• In wet weather a change of clothes is advisable
• Waterproofs are provided
• Spectators are welcome, but these activities are not good for spectating as views over the 4x4 driving areas are limited
• The venue has a pleasant indoor meeting space with a vending machine, toilets and changing area
• You are welcome to bring a packed lunch with you and in summer picnic tables are provided outside
• There is a good range of pubs, cafes and restaurants in the town nearby and a good range of accommodation close at hand and the operator will be pleased to recommend places to suit different budgets
Anything Else I Need To Know?
West Malling, Kent