• 4x4 challenge driving an off-road prepared Suzuki Vitara
• Welcome, introduction and short safety briefing
• Expert 1:1 tuition from your professional driving instructor
• Please allow around one hour on site for this experience with approximately 30 minutes personal drive time
• Tackle the five driving challenges:
Sky View and Side Ways Tilt
• Drive up and over tree lined steep inclines followed by steep descents and rugged undulated pathways
• Balance the vehicle on the see-saw 1.5 metres over the ground. Find the pivot point and balance!
• Drive the 4x4 through a series of differing land heights that pivot you at some incredible angles
The Bomb Holes
• Navigate down steep drops to the water below with steep climb outs. Tip the vehicle on the steep sides through a snake passage
• Travel through the trees on a steep slope, navigating your path on narrow tracks
What Can I Expect
Silverstone. 4x4. Mud. Water. Surely all the essential ingredients for the perfect off road drive? This experience has been meticulously designed to be a proper challenge in a proper 4x4 vehicle. No pottering around here, you’ll be seriously going for it!
Your trusty steed for the drive is a Suzuki Vitara. This is no showroom dweller, this is a front-line fighter, complete with extended air intake, winch on the front grille and full harness to keep you in the seat. Prepare yourself for the best bumpy ride of your life as you tackle this tricky terrain.
The Silverstone team has certainly come up trumps when it comes to devising the ideal 4x4 circuit to maximise the off-roading fun. The course is divided into five intertwining sections, each with its own set of challenges. And we can tell you now, you’ll need your wits about you all the way.
From going sideways and ramping it up impossibly steep slopes, to sliding back down them the other side, it’s ‘heart-in-the-mouth’ stuff. Believe in yourself, believe in your Suzuki and do it. Of course, your instructor will be beside you at all times to encourage, give advice and get you round the course.
A highlight for many on this Silverstone 4x4 course is the see-saw. Brilliantly created out of a trailer, you’ll be perched at 1.5m above the ground, trying to just give it enough gas to get on the thing, without overshooting spectacularly. Then it’s all about finding the pivot point to tip you gently over so you can drive off it. It’s a tricky one and you love it!
And a little heads up for you. As you’re driving through the water troughs, watch out for what’s beneath you. You can’t see anything, but they’re filled with ruts and potholes to try and put you and your car off balance. Let’s just hope you don’t stall. And whatever you do, don’t open the doors when the water’s up to the door handles…
With lots of deep water, sticky mud and steep gradients, we think you’ll love this 4x4 session at Silverstone. It’s a really well thought out course and it’s great to be using a vehicle that loves the rough and tumble of the real off road world. Are you up for the challenge?
• Choose from a weekday only voucher or to include weekend availability opt for the anytime voucher
• On Saturdays sessions generally operate in the afternoon
• Flexible timings are available for weekday bookings and generally take place Wed-Fri
• A valid UK driving licence will need to be shown on the day
• Maximum height is 6ft 6ins
• Maximum weight is 18 stone
• Spectators are very welcome to watch, there are indoor and outdoor viewing areas with great views of the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The 4x4 school is opposite Silverstone race circuit midway between Junction 10 of the M40 and Junction 15a of the M1