• One hour exclusive 4x4 driving experience in a four wheel drive vehicle
• Private session experiencing an introduction to off road driving
• Experience ditches, ruts and side slopes on the off road course
• Share the off road drive time, or one person can ride as a passenger
• One or two night accommodation in a 4 star 1 bedroom log cabin
• Facilities include a separate bedroom with luxury king sized bed, shower room with WC, fitted kitchen with full sized oven and hob, microwave, fridge with ice box, lounge/dining area. TV with freeview and DVD. Full gas central heating
• Outside decking area with patio furniture and ample parking
• Continental breakfast is included
• Participants are collected from the cabin for their experience and returned after the driving session
What Can I Expect
Go truly off the beaten track on an offroading break near Swansea! These adventure weekends in Wales combine a one or two night cabin stay in the peace and quiet of the Welsh countryside, with some native 4x4 driving on superb terrain. Quite possibly the perfect blend of action and relaxation for a countryside retreat.
This part of Wales, not far from Swansea, was what 4x4 vehicles were made for. It’s their natural habitat. This is where proper four wheel drive vehicles work for a living, trekking across windswept valleys, assisting everyone from farmers and the fire brigade, to electricity workers and mountain rescue teams. Round these parts, the 4x4s aren’t expected just to do the school run…
What we love about this 4x4 break is that Swansea and the surrounding area has so much to offer for a weekend of activities. The highlight of which has to be the one hour of private 4x4 off road tuition that is included in these Wales activity break packages. You’ll be collected from your lovely log cabin and you’ll head off in search of Swansea’s finest 4x4 terrain.
And you'll certainly find it. Again, this neck of the woods really does show off the capabilities of modern 4x4 vehicles to their best. As you start to tackle the ditches and drops, you’ll be glad you’re in a rugged 4WD. You’ll also be glad that you’re not alone. An expert off road driver will be with. They’re local too, so they know just how the land around the Swansea valley lies!
But it isn’t just about getting to grips with the high trails on these 4x4 breaks near Swansea. You’ll also have plenty of time to relax in your cosy and comfy wooden cabin, hosted by the operators of these 4x4 activities. Sitting atop a hill overlooking Pontardawe and the Swansea Valley, you’ll love the private terrace for watching the glorious sunsets. And if you feel like exploring there’s lots to do, from Dan Yr Ogof caves and the Elidir walking trail, to summiting the Pen Y Fan peak (on foot, rather than in your 4x4!).
Offroading breaks in Swansea are available all year round. That means you can enjoy this corner of Wales in any season. The centre’s resident 4x4s absolutely relish heading out on their off road adventure activities in any weather, be it a balmy summer’s day, or a crisp frosty autumn morning. A great choice for a break away with a difference.
• One night breaks are available for arrivals Monday to Thursday with driving experiences the following day
• Two night breaks are available for arrivals Monday to Sundays with accommodation the night before the driving and the evening after
• 4x4 Experiences generally operate in the morning
• A full UK driving licence is required for drivers
• Please wear outdoor clothing and sensible footwear
• Minimum age 18
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The hosts provide continental breakfast each morning and the log cabin is about a 25 minute walk (0.9mile) to the nearest pub, the Ynysmeudwy Arms
• Other restaurants and pubs are between a 5 and 10 minute drive by car or taxi
• Swansea Valley, South Wales