• Off Road driving experience in a Land Rover Discovery
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Instructor demonstration of the obstacles and explanation of techniques used
• Tackle near vertical ascents, descents, axle twisters and negotiate tight spaces
• Expert tuition throughout from current 4x4 competitors and instructors
• De-brief and off road driving assessment to take home with you
• Experiences last approximately three hours
• Refreshments are included
• You may be in a small group of up to three participants
• When you are not driving you will be riding as a passenger
What Can I Expect
It's a day out in the countryside with a difference when you go off roading in the Cotswolds! These experiences take place at the Cotswold Water Park, where there are lots of natural and man-made obstacles for you to tackle in your 4x4 vehicle.
These sessions are run in small groups and each driver takes it in turn to drive. When you’re not at the wheel, you’ll be in the car as a passenger. Your instructor will be hosting from the front passenger seat, making sure you get the best out of these off road vehicles.
And it’s an iconic 4x4 at that. You’ll be tackling the tricky terrain at this site just south of Cirencester in a Land Rover Discovery. These trusty Landys are the workhorses of the countryside the world over. As home on safari in the Savannah as they are here in the Cotswolds, you can’t do better than a Discovery. We can pretty much bet you’ll bottle it before the car ever does!
You'll find this off road centre in amongst the 150 lakes that make up Cotswold Water Park. It’s picturesque and challenging, making it a great place to try off roading, whether you’re a complete beginner or already have some experience.
There’s a definite art to off road driving. Nothing is ever rushed and you often don’t even get out of first gear, but when you’re faced with the off-camber scoop on the soft ground of Lakeside Ridge, there’s plenty of adrenaline involved without the need for speed. Keep your speed up on Windrush Bank if you dare, but there’s a steep drop on either side if you. Watch out for the trees when you negotiate Copse Gully and beware of losing traction on your way down from the Monstrous Molehills section!
This is off roading in the Cotswolds at its best. Sessions last for around three hours and you’ll be with up to two other drivers in your group. With lots of obstacles for all levels of driver, a great car and superb in-car teaching, there’ll be happy faces all round at this off roading centre near Cirencester.
• Selected weekdays and weekend throughout the year
• Dates and session times are subject to availability
• Minimum age 17
• Drivers must hold a full driving licence entitling them to drive on UK roads
• Height restrictions: minimum 5ft, maximum 6ft 6ins
• Not suitable for spectators, due to the nature of the activity
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Suitable outdoor clothing and footwear should be worn
• Participants should arrive at least 10 minutes prior to their session start time
• Cotswold Water Park on the Gloucestershire and Wiltshire Border