An Off-Road Driving Experience
• These offroad experiences operate on an exclusive basis with 1:1 tuition
• Choose from a taster session with 30 minutes actual drive time or a one hour session
• Allow spending an additional quarter of an hour on site for briefings plus your chosen drive time
• Instruction from approved instructors in an expedition ready Land Rover Defender/Jeep Wrangler
• Experiences can be shared with an additional driver at a cost, payable on the day
What Can I Expect
If you love driving and love the countryside, then you’re sure to enjoy our 4x4 North Yorkshire off-roading experience! What better way to improve your driver reflexes and wheel control - and have tons of fun while you’re at it - than by bouncing over boulders, dashing down gullies and blasting through gushing moorland becks in your very own all-terrain adventure?
Specifically designed to suit beginner or refresher 4x4 drivers, this windswept trek on the edge of the North York Moors will have you on the edge of your seat as you descend steep slopes, lumber over logs and go door-deep through water troughs, on a purpose-built route where courage and nerve play as big a part as driving skills.
The vehicle you’ll be using for this first-time off road outing is a Land Rover Defender, one of the toughest 4x4s around. This miraculous machine was created to tackle the most treacherous terrain known to man, and our purpose-built 4x4 site in North Yorkshire is enthusiastically putting that claim to the test. The grounds are divided into five routes, ranging in difficulty from beginner right up to pro – but don’t worry, you won’t be expected to drive them all. On this course you’ll start on the lead-in route, which will allow you to get to grips with the traction, gearing and balance of a Land Rover.
Each session is done on a completely one-to-one tuition basis with a qualified 4x4 instructor, so you won’t be under scrutiny from other participants when you’re behind the wheel. However, you are allowed to bring a friend along for the ride – as long as they’re not a backseat driver!
If you’re thinking of taking 4x4 driving to the next level, the North Yorkshire centre also allows you to build on your introductory lesson through a range of higher-level driving courses, culminating in your gaining a professional off-road driving qualification. Who said off-road driving was just for fun?
But even if you’re simply looking for a great day out with friends or family, this easy-going intro to driving a 4x4 in North Yorkshire is a great way to build up driver confidence and by combining both mental and physical challenges, it’s sure to be a wheel-based winner with off-roading adventurers everywhere.
• Courses run on weekends and weekdays throughout the year
• Morning and afternoon sessions are usually available
• Minimum age is 13
• Minimum height of 4ft 6ins
• No driving licence is required
• Under 18's must be accompanied on site by an adult
• Due to the off road nature of this activity it is not suitable for spectators however experiences can be shared with an additional driver for an extra fee of £25 per person for the 30 minute experience and £39 per person for the one hour experience
• Snacks and drinks are available to purchase on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The venue is located a purpose built activity centre easily accessible from junction 49 of the A1. Putting it within easy reach of York, Leeds, Teeside, Newcastle and Manchester.