• Off Road Challenge
• Choose from a half day lasting around 4 hours (including lunch) or the full Day lasting six hours (also including lunch)
• Lunch is a two-course carvery meal
• Maximum of six people in a group
• Drive the following 3 vehicles: 125cc Grizzly Quad, A Twin Engine 'Power Turn' buggy, Landrover Defender 90
• Drive the following 6 vehicles: 4x4 Trials Buggy, 125cc Grizzly Quad, 450cc Kodiak Quad, A Twin Engine 'Power Turn', 400cc Rally Kart, Landrover Defender 90
What Can I Expect
Think you can handle an off road challenge? Try these superb, action-packed half and full days out filled with off-road mayhem at this centre near East Grinstead in East Sussex. And as just rewards for your efforts in the off roading challenges, there’s a two course carvery lunch at a local pub for all participants!
Those on the half day will get to tackle three different machines in the morning before breaking for lunch. Those booked in for the full day will continue in the afternoon with another three mad-cap motors to drive. These challenge experiences have pretty much got all forms of off road driving covered.
You’ll get a chance to try your classic off roading in a Jeep or Land Rover, taking on the purpose-built 4x4 courses they call the Meadow Meander and the Jungle Run. Full of all the types of obstacles you’d expect for a Landy or Jeep to cope with, it’s a great way to kick start your off road challenge day.
They say great things come in small packages and never a truer word has been said of the Yamaha Grizzly quad bikes. They might only be 125cc, but they pack a punch out there. You’ll be amazed at the things you’ll be able to drive over, across and around when you take to the specially-constructed quad obstacle course.
Then there’s the Power Turn buggy. Yep, it looks a little odd with some teeny shopping trolley style wheels at the back, a larger set in the middle and small ones at the front. Get too lairy with the throttle and the nose swings up in the air and you’re doing a massive wheelie. Oh and did when mention it’s dual-steering as well? Just to add to the confusion!
After lunch things get ramped up a gear for those on the full day off road challenge, with the 4x4 trials buggy. These things are serious mud-munching machines who love the steeps. As you can see, they’re pretty pared down, but don’t worry about those open-sides, the full cage will keep you sitting pretty on those inclines!
Another quad is next. This time it’s the 450cc Kodiak. This is the machine the staff use to get about, so it’s about as well-equipped and fancy as you can get, right down to LCD displays and special ‘wet braking’ technology to avoid clogging those wheels up with gloopy mud.
The last challenge is a session in the speedy 450cc rally karts. These little beasts might take you by surprise with their pace and handling. Some sliding might be par for the course here, so get ready to grapple with the steering wheel as you go bouncing your away around the track. To conclude, all drivers receive a personalised presentation certificate at the end of this exhilarating day of off road challenges.
• Available all year round (excluding January) on regular weekend dates
• Sessions start at 9.30am
• Half days finish at 1pm after lunch with full days finishing around 3.30pm
• Groups of 4 or more can usually arrange a bespoke date and time.
• Minimum age 17
• A driving licence is not required but participants must know how to drive
• Drivers who are over 2 metres tall or weighing 20 stone may not fit in all the vehicles
• Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing suitable for outdoor facilities and flat-soled shoes that will provide good grip and support on muddy, uneven terrain.
• Up to two spectators per driver are welcome to attend on the day, at a charge of £15 per head payable directly to the supplier, which includes two-course carvery lunch and refreshments
• There are no indoor viewing areas and as there are vehicles driving around the site so it is not suitable for very young children.
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• East Grinstead, Sussex