• Pre-drive safety briefing
• A short demonstration drive from your instructor
• Drive the 4x4 through a variety of tracks and trails
• You will usually be driving Land Rover Discovery vehicles
• Instruction is 1:1
• You can invite up to two people to either share the drive time with you or enjoy the ride
• Total drive time is 30 or 60 minutes including the short driving demo
Half Day 4x4 Driving
• Briefing on 4x4 vehicles explaining different locks and high and low ratio gear along with driving techniques
• Demonstration drive on failed hill climbs and side traverses
• Please allow three hours for this experience
Full Day 4x4 Driving
• Full days provide in depth knowlege on 4x4 driving in different scenarios with additional drive time
• Certificate of training
• Experiences last for 6 hours with a break for lunch (not included)
What Can I Expect
Expect maximum fun on our hugely popular East Anglia 4x4 driving experiences. Whether it’s for an outdoors enthusiast, a rookie road user, or just someone who loves a challenge, put a smile on their face with these thrilling all-terrain expeditions.
All the 4x4 sessions start with a safety briefing, before you’re introduced to your two-legged driving instructor and your four-wheeled vehicular ally – a Land Rover Discovery. Specifically designed for 4x4ing, these absolute machines of the off-road can handle anything that’s thrown at them.
Perhaps just as well it’s a Landy you’ll be driving, as these 60 acres of uncultivated landscape on the 4x4 site on the Suffolk-Cambridgeshire border has different trails to play on. Between them, you’ll get a real sense of what off-roading is all about and learn how to control these rugged vehicles in different situations, making this not just a fun-based activity, but a valuable tool for improving driver safety too.
You’ll be accompanied at this centre in East Anglia by a qualified 4x4 instructor throughout, who’ll give you expert tuition and the lowdown on how 4x4s actually work, as well as giving you guidance as you make your intrepid way around the 4x4ing trails on offer.
All the instruction you receive is on a one-to-one basis. The Land Rover can accommodate two other participants, so if you feel like inviting a couple of friends along for the ride, the three of you can rotate turns behind the wheel, or just let them ride as passengers. These East Anglian 4x4 off-road excursions make popular gearbox-grinding gifts for anyone with a sense of all road adventure.
• The venue is open 7 days a week from 10-4 during winter months and 10-5.30 when the days are longer
• Minimum age is 17 and you will need to hold a full current driving licence
• Two spectators can ride as passengers in the vehicle free of charge or share the drive time
• Spectator areas are provided however views of the action can be limited as the driving course heads off into the countryside
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The Estate covers 22,500 acres and offers a restaurant, food hall, garden shops and the Elveden Inn Pub
• The Elveden Estate, Thetford, Norfolk