Staying cool, calm and collected is the name of the game when clay pigeon shooting. Clay shooting is a thrilling experience, demanding concentration, a keen eye and quick reactions. Poised with the finger on the trigger, we can guarantee you'll feel your heart pounding as you wait for the trap to release your target...Aim, fire...and hit (hopefully!)
And just in case you were wondering, we're talking clay targets here. You won't even rustle the feathers of any real pigeons, so all our clay pigeon shooting experiences are suitable for vegetarians. Let’s see if you can prove yourself to be a natural hotshot as you track your target in the sky and smash the thing to absolute smithereens! Read more...
Shoot for success with our family-friendly clay pigeon...
• Shooting at a 400 acre site nr Market Harborough • A friendly, family-run rifle range in south Leics • Features 12 electric traps to simulate real game • Both 12 and 20 bore shot guns available for you
This 'nice little shoot' venue is a great place to learn...
• A friendly clay pigeon ground in Dartford, Kent • 'A nice little shoot' run by Alan & his team • 70 bird English sporting, skeet & compak shooting • All the gear & tuition needed to shoot is included
Become a hot shot with these extended Shooting Lessons...
• In-depth shooting tuition at Riseley, Beds • Clay Pigeon Shooting Association academy coaches • Teaching is part classroom, part shooting on range • Perfect for those wanting to clay shoot as a hobby
• One to one clay shooting lessons in South Wales • Make the most of the wild terrain in the Brecons • Authentic shooting at this small & friendly shoot • A shotgun for your size & ability chosen for you
We think these clay target shooting experiences are spot...
11 Locations Nationwide
Was £79 NOW £44
• Clay shoots around the UK with refreshments too • At least 32 cartridges for each shooter included • Seasonal snacks (soups, cakes, drinks etc) served • Experiences last around 1hr & all gear is included
Pull the trigger with clay pigeon shoots courtesy of IntotheBlue!
The perfect range of clay shooting experiences for anyone from absolute beginners who have never even fired a gun, to those who have already notched up a few ‘hits’. It's time to get down to a shotgun club near you for some clay shooting fun. We think you'll agree we've got one of the biggest ranges of grounds going amongst all of the activity gift voucher companies currently out there, so isn’t it time to see if you can hit the target?
If you've never looked down the barrel of a gun before, it is quite an exhilarating feeling having a go at being a shooter. Of course, we're not talking scary illegal firearms. All the double or single barrel 12 bore guns used at these clubs are specific brands and models for sports purposes only. The most common shotgun used is an over and under type, for trap, skeet or sporting disciplines. Coaches will select the right gun for you, according to your stature and experience, so you won’t be blown back by unnecessary recoil!
Safety first at all shooting grounds
All clay pigeon instructors are accredited by the sports governing body (the CPSA) and abide by very strict rules on things like pre-shoot briefings and up to date shotgun certificates. The safety of all attending the clay pigeon shooting experience is the priority for every club and shooting ground.
On all of these sessions, you'll be aiming at manmade targets that are catapulted into the air from traps. In some cases the release systems are fully automatic. Whereas at other centres you'll be calling out 'pull' at the top of your voice (great fun!) to alert the shootmaster, who'll then fire off a target into the air at the press of a button.
Top level coaching from clay pigeon shoot instructors
Of course, you won't just be let loose out on the stands. Instructor shooters will be with you at all times and if you need one to one help in gun handling and aiming, they will be there to assist.
As any CPSA qualified instructor will tell you, you should always make sure you're ready to aim, as you never know quite where you'll need to look. A target can come from down the line, double rise or even helices traps, all of which give very different trajectories. The idea is that they simulate different animals, such a grouse, pigeons and rabbits - but in clay form, of course. And remember, only when you have them in your sights should you think about firing!
There is, however, one exception to the usual clay pigeon shooting experience and that's laser clays. It's the same sort of targets whizzing through the skies and you have a shotgun - but instead of firing cartridges, your 'hit's are marked with an electronic 'smash' noise as your scores are shown on the electronic scoreboard! Have a little look at our laser clay video for a better idea of what the laser version of a clay shoot is all about.