• A 50 clay target session
• Comprehensive welcome and safety briefing
• All beginner lessons are taken in groups
• You will receive 1:1 tuition
• All equipment is provided
What Can I Expect
Go Clay Pigeon Shooting in Derbyshire and mingle with the best shooters around! This 75 acre clay shooting ground just outside Doveridge on the edge of the pretty Peak District boasts excellent facilities, earning the club a Premier Plus rating from the sport's governing body the CPSA (Clay Pigeon Shooting Association).
It's all very exciting at this centre that is dedicated to and specialises in multi clay shooting disciplines, as this lovely Derbyshire set up regularly hosts World Skeet Championships, making it a favoured training location for top competition marksmen and women. You are sure to be impressed by the main shooting ground with a plethora of competition stands spread out across the well-maintained fields. There's English sporting, English and Olympic Skeet, as well as Down the Line and even Automatic Ball Trap set ups that can be voice activated and a 150ft tall tower for a dramatic 'flush'.
Complete beginners are also very well catered for though, as this Peak District-based team has created a bespoke 'Garden' area specifically for novice clay pigeon shooters. Of course, safety is paramount and your session will begin with a detailed briefing on equipment and procedure, including how to handle your gun. Guns and safety equipment will be allocated to suit your size and strength. And don't forget, IntotheBlue offers a wide choice of clay pigeon shooting at other venues nationwide.
As well as attracting top flight shooters, the instructors are also at the top of their game and the team here in Derbyshire is led by a former junior world clay pigeon champion and Great Britain national shooting squad member. No need to be daunted by the reputation however, as each expert instructor will ensure you have a relaxed and enjoyable visit!
What we know you'll love about clay pigeon shooting in Derbyshire is the fact that it is a very professional, competition-level set up, but that doesn't mean you and your fellow budding hotshots can't have fun as you line up, take aim and fire at those dastardly clay pigeons that shoot across the Peak District skyline. And that's another advantage of this Derbyshire venue; the elevated position in the valley means you're shooting clays on the horizon for maximum visibility.
• This Derbyshire clay pigeon shooting ground is open Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
• The minimum age for participants is 12
• Younger children may be accommodated at the discretion of the operator
• This must be discussed at the time of booking
• All guns, equipment and safety items are provided, suitable for different ages and physical builds
• Participants should wear comfortable clothing and sensible footwear
• This Derbyshire venue welcomes spectators
• There is a large clubhouse where refreshments can be obtained and a well-stocked shop selling clothing and equipment
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Doveridge, Peak District , Derbyshire