• Choose between a 30 or 50 clay target experience
• Vouchers can be purchased for a minimum of two people
• A welcome and safety briefing
• Tuition from a qualified shooting instructor
• You will be part of a group on the day
• All the equipment needed for the activity is provided
• You should allow between one and two hours for this experience
What Can I Expect
Learn clay pigeon shooting in Newcastle on this quintessentially English country estate! It's all very green and pleasant at this centre in the grounds of Slaley Hall, one of the north east's finest residences.
It's all rolling hills as far as you can see and the mist over the mysterious moors in the morning all making for a superb location for partaking in a spot of the genteel sport of clay pigeon shooting. It is all very 'classic country pursuits' at this outdoor activity centre, but don't worry if you haven't got your wax jacket and your wellies - this clay shoot experience is open to all, even town-loving folk who don't often venture into the countryside beyond Newcastle city centre!
Once you do, you'll be glad you did make the decision to have a go at this exhilarating gun sport. There's nothing quite like hoisting the shotgun onto your shoulder, closing an eye, looking down the barrel and through the sight, waiting as your heart pumps for that distinctive 'clunk' as the clay is released and whistles through the Northumbrian sky goading you to blast it to bits.
The set up here is simple, but very effective. It's not a shooting club, so the stands are specifically set up for those booking on these exclusively organised clay pigeon experience days in Newcastle. That means the ambiance is always good, as everyone is eager to give it a go and become a clay smashing king or queen. Of course, safety remains the absolute priority and everything is carried out to the strictest procedures and all instructors here in Newcastle are fully qualified to run these clay shoots.
We are offering clay pigeon shooting in Newcastle experiences with 30 or 50 targets to aim at. The centre accepts youngsters from 13 years of age (with smaller bore shotguns available) and the shoot is open all year round, so you might find yourself aiming at clay pigeons in the sultry summer sunshine, or firing cartridges on a crisp autumnal day in some of the best moorlands of the north east - either way, the sheer delight when you 'dust' your very first clay pigeon is hard to beat!
• Selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year
• The minimum age is 13 years
• Please dress appropriately for the activity, which takes place outdoors
• The activity isn't suitable for spectators, but friends and family can come along and wait in the cabin
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• On site there is a wooden cabin with toilets
• Next to the outdoor centre there is a luxury hotel with spa, restaurant and bar facilities
• Slaley Hall in the heart of Northumberland countryside west of Newcastle