• Welcome and safety briefing
• Tuition from an experienced instructor
• All equipment is provided
• Choose from a 25, 50 or 100 clay voucher
• Allow around an hour for the 25 & 50 clay lesson and 2 hours for the 100 clay lesson (duration will vary with ability and group size)
• Minimum two participants required
• Experiences are generally run on an exclusive basis
• Participants will be kitted out with ear defenders and padded shooting vests
What Can I Expect
Shoot for success with our family-friendly clay pigeon shooting in Leicestershire. These clay experiences are a sure-fire way to have fun and learn a new skill and with firearms instructors trained to cater for all ages and abilities, this family-run rifle range near Market Harborough is the ideal place to take a few well-aimed pot-shots.
With the number of clays on offer giving you the option of a short taster course, or more intense shooting sessions, our eminent Leicestershire venue provides both a great introduction to and consolidation of, the skills needed to smash these iconic terracotta discs to smithereens, as well as giving you a true sense of achievement.
Whichever clay pigeon count you plump for, your time at the Leicestershire grounds starts with a safety briefing, where you'll be shown how to handle, load, aim and fire a gun. You're also provided with standard safety equipment - ear protectors and a padded vest before you head out onto the firing range for your first attempt at clay pigeon shooting. The Leicester centre has over 400 acres of landscape, so there's plenty of space and scope to hone your hunting technique.
The centre has 12 electric traps firing a variety of different clays such as Down The Line, Crossing Pairs, Driven and Teal, all designed to simulate real game. This gives you the chance to practise tracking and hitting a range of mock fowl and also ground-based targets such as rabbits. There is also a choice between a 12- or 20-bore shotgun to suit men, women and children as young as 12.
Throughout the day you'll be accompanied and supported by a clay pigeon shooting instructor, who'll take you through your initial firearm training and give you tips on how to maximise your enjoyment of this traditional outdoor sporting pastime. The course lasts approximately one hour, including tuition, but with the variety of alternative activities available at the centre, you can easily fill a day with adrenaline-filled fun.
Combining physical and mental challenges, a need for speed and an insistence on accuracy, clay shooting is a demanding yet incredibly rewarding sport. Gun-toting participants should come prepared for an enjoyable and fulfilling experience and for this reason alone, you can be sure that a day spent clay pigeon shooting in Leicestershire is sure to hit the mark with bird lovers, pigeon-haters and everyone in between.
• Clay pigeon shooting is available at this venue all year round
• Opening hours are Monday to Saturday 9:00 to 18:00 and Sunday 10:00-13:00 and 14:00-16:00
• The minimum age for clay shooting in Leicestershire is 12 years old
• The venue supplies different types of 12 and 20 bore shotguns according to your physical capability
• Spectators are welcome and will be kitted out with ear defenders to be able to watch the action from close to the traps
• There are refreshments available on site (tea, coffee and juices) or you can bring along your own
• There are also toilets and showers and camping facilities
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The shooting takes place at an outdoor activity centre on an airfield site halfway between Market Harborough and Husband's Bosworth in south Leicestershire
• Easy access from the M1, M6 and A14