• Your session will last approximately one and a half hours
• Single lessons will be 1:1 with instructor
• Bookings for two or more may form part of a larger group of up to five people
• All sessions include 30 clays per person, cartridges, gun hire and safety equipment
What Can I Expect
Clay pigeon shooting in Yorkshire is an experience like none other. Line up your shot against the backdrop of the beautiful Yorkshire Dales and watch your clays arc through the skies as you hone your hunting technique.
Set in the 1400-acre Coniston Estate near the picturesque Yorkshire market town of Skipton, this clay pigeon shooting venue is one of only a handful to be awarded 'Premier' status from the Clay Pigeon Shooting Association (CPSA). This is a sure-fire guarantee of some of the best tuition and facilities in the country, so no wonder these are popular packages.
If you're looking for a fantastic outdoor activity within earshot of West Yorkshire, clay pigeon shooting is the perfect choice as you get the thrill of being a clay hot shot and all in lovely countrified surroundings. The centre offers a whole range of shooting disciplines, simulating (amongst others) high birds, rabbits and springing teal through a variety of different traps.
Each session lasts approximately one and a half hours and you begin with a safety briefing which ensures maximum protection and enjoyment for both you and other clay shooting enthusiasts. Fully trained instructors from this popular Yorkshire shooting school will then show you the skills needed to be a good marksman, so you can showcase your best clay skills in this scenic Yorkshire setting.
For single-person bookings, lessons are usually conducted one-to-one with an instructor. For two or more participants, you could be joined by others to form a group of up to five people. However, this Yorkshire school always ensures you will have at least 30 clay pigeons per person to shoot at, regardless of group size.
You can practise your aim with a selection of different clays. There is the opportunity to attempt some more advanced game-shooting techniques using an oscillating trap to mimic the flight of grouse and partridge. The ground also boasts an 86ft tower housing several traps, if you feel that the ground-based targets are too easy a shot you can go seriously aerial!
What we love most about this clay pigeon shooting in Yorkshire is that it is unhurried. There is a short interval timetabled for halfway through your lesson, so you can take stock and discuss your clay shooting progress with one of these highly qualified West Yorkshire-based instructors, before going back to the firing range for more faux-feathery exploits. And worth noting, if you are a small group of budding clay pigeon shooters, this Skipton school offers excellent discounted prices on vouchers priced per person for three to 12 people.
• Sessions are available on selected weekends and weekdays throughout the year
• Minimum age is 12
• These sessions are ideal for complete beginners
• Maximum group size is five
• No one who is pregnant can participate but are welcome to watch
• This activity is not suitable for non participating guests however there are plenty of other activities and facilities available on the estate including target golf, archery, falconry and 4x4 driving
• There is also a three star hotel on site providing comfortable accommodation and excellent dining
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All lessons are for a minimum of 2 people
• Near Skipton with easy access from the M1, M6, M62 and M65
• Manchester, Leeds, Harrogate and Preston are all less than an hours drive