• Choose between a 30 clays & 6 mile quad trek or a 30 clays & 9 mile quad trek
• Allow approximately 3 hours for this experience
• Parties of 6 plus will be in an exclusive group with their own instructor
• Maximum group size is 20
What Can I Expect
This quad and clays combined experience starts with an introductory lesson and then a competition in clay pigeon shooting, followed by an hour quad bike safari around the many acres of grounds at Northwich in Cheshire.
Clay Pigeon Shooting:
There's no denying the satisfaction felt when you shoot and watch the clay shatter - and with expert guidance and tuition on offer you too should be hitting the target. The setting for this experience is spectacular, nestled within over 300 acres of countryside estate.
Your session starts with a thorough safety briefing into the workings of the shotgun, ammunition handling and safety procedures. Once kitted out with all the safety equipment and gun it's time to have a go! Your instructor will teach you gun handling techniques and you have 30 shots.
With plenty of ground to explore, this quad bike trekking experience will be great fun and challenging too. Before you can take on all the trials and tricks of the safari, there is a safety briefing and introduction to driving the quad bike as well as time to be kitted out in overalls and helmets.
Then it's time to get on the bikes and head off through the countryside. You will be on your own as you ride through the woodland, open fields, tracks and even streams.
On your return, you can relax in the lodge - a beautiful Scandinavian style log cabin with wood burning stove and refreshments.
• Available all year round
• Small group bookings will usually be accommodated on a Wednesday or Saturday, large groups of eight plus other times may also be available
• Due to local planning restrictions, all shooting must end by 4pm and there is no shooting allowed on Sundays
• The estate is often closed to the public on Bank Holidays for competitions
• Minimum age for the trek is 18 years
• Maximum weight of 20 stone for quad bikes
• There are no height restrictions
• Please wear clothes and shoes/boots suited to getting wet and muddy
• Operator provides overalls, helmets, gloves and ear defenders
• Spectators are welcome
• The Lodge provides an ideal base to watch the shooting although they will not be able to see the quad safari as they head off into the countryside
• There are toilet and refreshment facilities on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?