• This experience lasts around two hours
• You will shoot either 25 or 50 clays
• Suitable for beginners
• Everyone will get individual tuition on gun handling and safety
• All guns, clays and safety equipment are provided
What Can I Expect
A perfect introduction to the sport of Clay Pigeon Shooting in Devon is offered at this centre nestled amongst the trees of this vast Devonshire country estate near Dawlish. There are also excellent facilities for shooters and their guests alike.
Even the entrance to this Ashcombe Estate shooting ground creates the right impression. It's a long, winding wooded driveway cutting across classic Devonshire rolling countryside. We think this is a great place to learn the art of shooting those clay pigeons, as they whizz in every which way above your heads waiting to be aimed at with a 20 gauge shotgun.
We are offering 25 and 50 clay experiences for individuals and small groups of up to six budding shooters out on the traps at once. All experiences start with a safety briefing and how to handle the shotgun. Only when you are happy with all that you've learnt does the instructor load the first cartridge ready for your first attempt to smash a clay target to a zillion pieces, with the ricochet of the shot ringing out across the rolling hills of this little part of Devon.
Reliable and fully automatic Parker clay pigeon traps are used at throughout this Devonshire shooting ground, as they are well known for releasing the targets as consistently as possible and each one is thrown to imitate the flight of different game birds and not just pigeons. So imagine driven pheasant, springing teal and dropping ducks all appearing at some point during your two hour lesson. And in terms of where the targets come from there are skeet, down the line, compact, sporting and even clays flying out of the trees!
Your clay pigeon shooting in Devon experience ends with a friendly competition to find the best shot of the day, before heading off to celebrate your shooting prowess in the appropriately named Stagger Inn on site. We also offer similar shooting activities at venues other than Devon, please see our main clay pigeon shooting page for more details.
• The clay pigeon centre in Devon is open throughout the year
• Opening hours are 10:00 to 17:00, 7 days a week.
• The minimum age for participants is 14
• Younger children may be accommodated at the discretion of the operator-this must be discussed at the time of booking
• Suitable for different ages and physical builds
• Participants should wear comfortable, showerproof clothing and sensible footwear
• Spectators are very welcome to come and watch from a safe distance and ear plugs must be purchased
• No pets allowed on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The shooting ground is part of a multi-activity centre that offers a range of other attractions and a clubhouse for refreshments
• Lunches can be booked directly with the centre
• Near Dawlish in Devon