• Receive one to one instruction from a CPSA qualified instructor
• Cover basic safety and shotgun handling and operation
• Be taught how to shoot your 50 clays from a wide range of shooting stands using a 12-gauge shotgun
• All equipment including ear defenders, gun, cartridges and clays are included
What Can I Expect
Learn clay pigeon shooting in Warwickshire at this top-notch venue near Leamington Spa. With the excellent tuition here you’ll find out how to hold and fire a gun, sight a target and watch with satisfaction as your clays shatter into thousands of pieces.
Each session of clay pigeon shooting at this prestigious Warwickshire venue lasts approximately one hour, and you’ll be supported throughout by one of the centre’s many Clay Pigeon Shooting Association (CPSA) qualified instructors, who’ll show you how to operate a gun safely and give you tips on how to get the most from this exhilarating and rewarding experience.
The Wedgnock Shooting Ground has been in operation for over a century and boasts some of the region’s best clay pigeon shooting. With 100 acres of Warwickshire countryside available, it’s also not surprising that a variety of shooting disciplines are catered for. Down the Line, Skeet, English Sporting and Tower are all options available for both novice and pro gunners, so there’s something to challenge everyone. The grounds can accommodate over 150 shooters at any one time, so there’s no need to wait your turn, even on busy days, when this Warwickshire centre is abuzz with the sound of clay pigeons being fired out of the traps and the crack of the shotgun.
You’ll have all your equipment provided for you, including safety gear, ear and eye protectors, a shotgun and 50 clays of varying sizes and shape. The wide range of clays offered mimic the flight of pigeons and other birds, as well as the running paths of ground-based mammals such as rabbits, which means that here in Warwickshire you can get a complete understanding of what the sport of clay pigeon shooting involves.
Each participant can bring a maximum of two spectators, who can either brave the outdoors or, if the Warwickshire weather takes a turn for the worse, will find refuge in the clubhouse with a relaxing cup of tea or coffee. For the learner shooters there are wet-weather options too, with covered stands giving you the chance to practise your clay shooting skills from a sheltered location, so you go shooting pretty much anytime of year.
Clay pigeon shooting Warwickshire is a great course for any hopeful marksmen and women out there and who knows, you might turn out to be Warwickshire’s answer to sharp-shooting Davy Crockett or Annie Oakley. What’s more, book clay pigeon shooting packaged for groups of two or more at this Warwickshire shooting ground and you’ll get a discounted price – so why not call up your friends and see who’s got what it takes to become a master marksman?
• Lessons will last approximately one hour
• Experiences run on selected weekdays throughout the year
• Saturdays are available from September to February, with selected Saturdays between March and August
• No previous shooting experience is required as sessions are tailored towards each guests abilities
• Low recoil cartridges are used to ensure maximum comfort
• Minimum age 13
• A minimum of 2 vouchers must be purchased from group sessions
• Spectators are very welcome but are limited to two per participant
• There is a clubhouse on site with toilets, seating areas and snack vending machines
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Clay Shooting experiences take place at an outdoor activity centre located in Warwick within easy reach of Leamington Spa, Coventry and Birmingham
• There's easy road access via the M40 (J15)