• Your choice of a 25 or 50 clay shooting lesson
• You will be briefed individually on the safety and handling of the gun
• A group of up to six can be accommodated at any one time
• Please allow for up to 1 hour onsite however activity time may vary depending on your ability
• Guns, cartridges, clays and safety equipment will be provided
• One hour introductory lesson with a professional shooting instructor
• Lessons include gun hire, 50 clays and 50 cartridges
What Can I Expect
Clay Pigeon Shooting in Dorset - head to Dorset's finest shooting ground to take aim at the clays! Set within 50 acres of heathland and conifer plantation, you'll be firing at the clays deep in the rolling countryside near Wareham, between Dorchester and Poole.
Founded in 1995 by accomplished shooter and Dorset local Graham Brown, this school is still family run today and prides itself on having been named Clay Shooting School of the Year. Graham thinks this is partly due to the unique topography of the terrain here in Dorset, with 50 acres of contoured land being perfect for creating very naturalistic clay pigeon target scenarios with enough space for a variety of set ups, from skeet and simulated game, to English and FITASC sporting.
As for the target stands, they are dotted around the ground and include all weather covered ones, a high tower and those suitable for disabled access too. When it comes to equipment, this Dorset clay pigeon shooting school prides itself on having a complete range of shotguns and ammunition. As this experience is open to shooters as young as 12, there are guns (such as a 20 gauge) that are deliberately lighter and easier to use, loaded with low recoil subsonic cartridges.
After a welcome, your clay pigeon instructor will outline the lesson and go through all the safety aspects before you can go off shooting at this very professional centre in Dorset. Your expert tutor will give you advice on technique throughout and you will have the chance to shoot at clays launched at different speeds and angles. The lesson takes place on the practice site and if you progress well, you will move on to end your session on the school's main shooting course. This Dorset-based venue is open all year round for clay pigeon and simulated game shooting for individuals or small groups.
• The ground is open 10am to 6pm, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday all year round
• There are additional times for groups Wednesdays and Fridays
• A minimum of two vouchers must be purchased for 25 and 50 clays
Please see our main
clay pigeon shooting page for other venues and availabilities
• The minimum age for participants is 12
• Younger children may be accommodated at the discretion of the operator-this must be discussed at the time of booking
• Wear comfortable clothing and bring waterproofs in the event of rain
• Sensible shoes or boots are recommended
• On arrival you will be asked to sign a declaration
• Any person who has served a prison sentence or youth custody for a period of more than three months but less than three years is subject to a five year prohibition from having a firearm or ammunition in his/her possession
• A person who has served a prison sentence or youth custody for a period in excess of three years is prohibited for life
• Spectators are usually welcome but please confirm numbers when booking
• The clubhouse on the country estate sells light refreshments
• Local accommodation and other activities on site can be recommended
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Wareham in Dorset