• Learn to shoot clays in the beautiful Gower Peninsula
• Take aim and shoot at a variety of clay pigeon targets
• All briefings, Guns, ammunition, clays and safety equipment are provided
• Allow around half an hour for a 25 clay experience and approximately one and a half hours for 50 clays
• You will form part of a group on the day
Clay Shooting for Two with Afternoon Tea
• 25 clay experience for two people
• Traditional afternoon tea for two comprising of a selection of sandwiches and homemade cakes
• Choose from freshly brewed tea, coffee or a selection of fruit teas
• Afternoon tea is served at the Cwm Ivy Cafe
What Can I Expect
There's nothing like going clay pigeon shooting in Wales when you're surrounded by breathtaking coastal views, you can inhale that fresh sea air and you can track those clays across an beautiful skyline. The Gower Peninsula is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and it truly is one of the loveliest corners of South Wales, yet just 30 minutes' drive from Swansea.
Pretty much untouched, this wild coastline dotted with hamlets and villages is a truly wonderful place to escape to. Visitors to this area traditionally enjoy brisk walks on the sand and a pub lunch in front of a roaring fire, now you can add a clay pigeon shoot to the itinerary too.
And what a place it is to go clay shooting. As the pigeons fly, your backdrop is the beach, the dunes, the hills and the rolling fields that go to the Burry Estuary and beyond. In fact, it's hard not be distracted by the lovely views around Conygaer and beyond Cwm Ivy to Whiteford Bay - but you're here to obliterate clays rather than swoon at the Gower Peninsula views!
The target shooting team here in Wales loves what it does and is very good at hosting these clay shoots for all abilities. The instructors are great at putting you at ease if it's your very first time handling a gun and will answer all those niggling questions you might have. They tell us the most common one is whether the recoil will hurt. The answer to this is no, as long as you are holding the gun correctly and this centre uses low-recoil cartridges too.
You don't have to be a strapping Welsh lad from the valleys to be a top clay shooter. Some 12 bore clay guns can weigh around 8lbs, but this club west of Swansea has a full range of arms so one appropriate to your size can be selected for you. After that, it's not a question of strength, it's all about your stance, your breathing, your keen eye and keeping a level head when you are about to pull the trigger.
Get all that right and you'll be smashing those clays right out of the sky with aplomb. We are offering clay pigeon shooting sessions in Wales with 25 or 50 clays to aim at and all the gear and the tuition you need to get up and running on the stands is included. Combine this target shooting session with a stroll around Llanmadoc village and you've got yourself a lovely day out on the Gower Peninsula.
• Regular Saturdays from March to October from 10:00 to 16:00
• Minimum age 10
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• Spectators are welcome to come and cheer you on
• Dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead at all times
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Hearing and eye protection is provided
• Suitable outdoor clothing should be worn on the day
• Unfortunately the site is noyt suitable for wheelchair users
• Locted at the North West tip of the Gower Peninsula
• The shooting venue is in an area of outstanding Natural Beauty overlooking Whiteford Bay