Taking Afternoon Tea is one of those little luxuries in life that everyone loves. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, or just fancy treating someone you love to an afternoon of tea drinking, cake eating and chat, these traditional afternoon teas are a superb gift that can be enjoyed at anytime of the year.
We have teatime treats on offer all over the country in a variety of venues, from the drawing rooms of five star hotels and top-notch restaurants, to a tea afloat on the water. In fact, the location alone is sure to impress. All offer freshly made sandwiches, finger foods and, of course, the essential element of any High Tea, the cream scone and a nice freshly brewed cup of tea. Buy your afternoon tea voucher and get ready for sweet and savoury goodies served at your table. Read more...
• A classic afternoon tea for two in a stunning setting • Take tea at this Gothic castle-styled country hotel • The hotel even has it's own Taylor's tea blend! • Upgrades to Champagne tea are available
• Afternoon tea at Haughton Hall hotel in Telford • A traditional tea, but with a chocolate fondue too • Go sparkling and get a flute of Champagne included • Lovely Georgian mansion hotel in a 35 acre estate
• Afternoon tea at the famous Blackpool Tower! • Take tea in the ballroom whilst the dancing's on • Try out that famous springy dance floor for yourself • The Wurlitzer organ will be played live on stage
• Enjoy the countryside from your luxury carriage • A Northern Belle round-trip journey of around 5 hours • Afternoon tea with sandwiches, cakes and scones • Departures from various mainline train stations
• Enjoy all day travel at a heritage steam railway • Afternoon Tea including English Tea and sandwiches • Home made fruit scones with clotted cream and jam • A selection of miniature mouth watering cakes
Join the strawberry jam and clotted cream brigade!
Nothing beats going for a traditional afternoon tea. Have a nice sit down in the peaceful lobby lounge of a posh hotel, or relax in a swanky restaurant whilst you sip a lovely, hot fresh brew, served by a smiling waiter or waitress. There is something inherently classy and classless about these experiences and many of our vouchers offer tea in gorgeous old buildings that have been transformed into tranquil places to eat and drink.
Teas for two
We think the fact that these vouchers are for two people is great. It means you can catch up on all the gossip and news over a cuppa or a nicely roasted coffee, which is why they are so popular with Mums and their daughters and for groups of girlfriends. You can also make it a day out with some shopping and sightseeing, as many are in city centre locations with easy access to the local attractions.
If you're feeling romantic, time spent with your loved one as you chink the china cups, slice your scone with the silverware and bite into dainty cakes whilst the piano is being played, is bound to mark you serious brownie points. Just take a look at what taking afternoon tea in the Lake District is like for a romantic tea with a water-side setting.
Mums and Dads also love a nice afternoon out don’t they? And with some of the historic venues we have on our books, it's like stepping back in time to a period drama when the genteel folk got their servants to rustle up a little 'something' when guests arrived at 3pm - you just know they'll love it.
Provincial High Teas away from the cities
For many of you, the chance to get away from the big smoke and into the rolling British countryside is all part of the charm of an afternoon tea date. For instance, a glass of bubbly before sitting down at a hotel on the water's edge of Douglas on the Isle of Man is a true delight. Or perhaps you prefer people watching from the window set of brasserie in a nice olde worlde market town? They all make for a lovely day out - and that sounds like our cup of proverbial you know what.
Teatime in the capital - always a big favourite
As for the pick of locations in the capital for taking an afternoon tea, we have some of London's most famous establishments on the books. The listings included hotels and eateries that have seen many a famous face, so you could rub shoulders (or a fine cut sandwich) with the latest pop or film star, as you sip away on those finest leaves - perfect for people spotters!