An afternoon tea for two people
• Your choice of freshly brewed tea or coffee
• Elegant afternoon tea finger sandwiches
• Freshly baked scones with cream and jam and homemade cakes
• Choose the sparkling option and you will receive a glass of chilled prosecco each and for the indulgent option you will receive a glass of champagne each
What Can I Expect
A splendid High Tea served daily - that's our afternoon tea in Reading for you! Settle down for some serious chit-chat over tasty treats as you and your teatime partner head to this smart business hotel near Wokingham for a couple of hours of relaxation and catching up with each others' news in tranquil surroundings.
The 4 Star Merit 2AA Rosette Holiday Inn at Winnersh is really easy to get to from the M4 and is perfectly placed for visiting the likes of Legoland and for those in the area for work. But behind that quite corporate exterior is hidden oasis of calm called Monty's Lounge Bar and this is where the two of you will be sitting down to your afternoon tea.
We're not sure who Monty is, but he certainly has excellent taste in interior design, with lovely contemporary lighting, muted colours and comfy soft furnishings. Architecturally, the bar area is formed around the swirl of a rotunda - with a shiny black grand piano in the middle!
This means that whilst you are tucking in to your food you might well be entertained by the resident pianist/vocalist. Word around Reading has it that the artist is really quite talented and the live music makes for a wonderful accompaniment to your afternoon spent sipping tea and munching on scones.
As for the staff, you can expect attentive, yet discrete service from the waiters and waitresses at the hotel. They will be more than happy to bring a pot of freshly brewed coffee (and it's lovely Italian Lavazza coffee too!) or let your peruse the choice of tea available before making your choice. And of course, there'll also be that impressive silver platter of dainty little finger sandwiches, fruit scones and miniature cakes.
And talking of drinks, if you want to add a little extra bit of sparkle to your afternoon tea in Reading, why not upgrade to a Sparkling or an Indulgent voucher? The sparkling version gives you a glass of Prosecco each and the indulgent tea will see you being served a flute of Champagne. at your table Surely the perfect way to round off your very civilised High Tea date at the Holiday Inn near Wokingham?
• Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Afternoon teas are served between 12 noon and 5pm daily
• Bookings are subject to availability
Classic Afternoon Tea
• There is no minimum age
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult
Sparkling and Indulgent Afternoon Tea
• Minimum age 18
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Monty's Lounge Bar, AA Merit 4 Star Holiday Inn, Reading