• Entry to The Blackpool Tower Ballroom for two people
• Afternoon tea for two including sandwiches, cream scones with clotted cream and jam plus a choice of cake from the daily selection
• A freshly brewed pot of tea of coffee for two
• Visitors can dance or just relax in style listening to the sounds of The Blackpool Tower's Wurlitzer Organ
• Please allow around 2 hours for this experience
What Can I Expect
Glitz, glamour, music, dancing - and scones. These are the key ingredients of your Blackpool Tower afternoon tea! Spend a rather lovely afternoon whirling your partner around the dance floor, or just sit and enjoy watching the dancers, all whilst tucking into a classic English afternoon tea.
The Blackpool Tower Ballroom is iconic. It’s a true work of art, adorned with gold-coloured plasterwork, intricate mouldings and distinctive scalloped-shaped balconies. The ballroom is a tall and very beautiful room that’s the beating heart of the famous Blackpool Tower. And for these afternoon teas, the tempo comes from the wonderful sound of the Wurlitzer organ, being played live for you.
And whilst it may be daytime outside, inside the ballroom the house lights are dimmed and the floor and stage is illuminated by a magical light show. It’s sure to get you in the mood for dancing. Indeed, as you’re shown to your table on the edge of the dance floor, it’ll be hard to resist the music. Sweep your partner off their feet for a romantic Waltz, or whisk them round for a nimble quickstep on that very bouncy sprung floor. If that all sounds too energetic (or indeed, you’re not really a dancer at all) just sit and soak up the atmosphere, marvelling at the moves as others dance.
Your afternoon tea in the ballroom will be served at your table. It’s the tradition platter of sweet and savoury goods, all washed down with a nice cup of tea or coffee. It's like stepping back in time, to an era when a tea dance was the place to go and where many a romance started, long before online dating came along!
So many things make this outing special. All the staff are fantastic and really helpful, the music is truly uplifting and it’s delightful to watch or participate in some ‘proper’ dancing in pairs. We think heading to the Blackpool Tower Ballroom for afternoon tea and a bit of a dance is even better than watching the pros dancing in the Strictly Come Dancing Blackpool special!
• Weekdays throughout the year
• Afternoon tea can be taken at 12 noon or 12.30pm
• Availability for this experience can only be checked once vouchers have been purchased
• Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Blackpool Tower Ballroom, Promenade, Blackpool, FY1