Afternoon Tea on the Northern Belle
• Round trip travel aboard the Northern Belle luxury train
• Welcome glass of sparkling wine
• A traditional afternoon tea including sandwiches, cakes, pastries and scones
• Strolling musicians and table magician to entertain you
• Excursions last approximately 3-5 hours looping back to the departure point
Exclusive Afternoon Tea for Two
• An exclusive table for two with window seating, subject to availability at the time of booking
What Can I Expect
As an honoured guest on these sumptuous Northern Belle trips, you’ll feel like royalty on the rails! Indeed, you're never just a passenger on these luxury day excursions by train. This is a wonderful collection of round trips departing from various regional train stations. And during your very special voyage, you’ll be treated to a traditional afternoon tea.
Beautifully restored and decorated to reflect the 'belle' era of the 1930s, when train travel was the epitome of sophistication, the level of craftsmanship onboard the Northern Belle is simply stunning. Look up and you can't miss the elaborate ceiling decorations that have been hand painted by skilled crafts folk. Gently run your hand along the wood panelling and you'll discover it is all intricate, handcrafted marquetry. Simply gorgeous.
The VIP treatment starts as soon as you are greeted by a steward on the platform's red carpet. A stroll through the carriages is one of the highlights of the journey. Each of the seven carriages is named after a stately home or castle, with Duart, Alnwick, Belvoir, Chatsworth, Glamis, Harlech and Warwick completing the rake of resplendent carriages.
This 'très belle' train travels to northern and western destinations around the country, journeying through some of the finest countryside around. On these experiences the train is a destination in itself and meticulously presented. Right down to the bone china tea cups, shining silver cutlery and the brass table lamps, it is pure indulgence.
This impeccable attention to detail is also reflected in the quality of the afternoon tea that'll be served at your table during your Northern Belle trip. Your sweet and savoury treat consists of lavishly prepared cakes and dainty sandwiches using high quality, fresh produce prepared by the onboard cuisine team.
These Northern Belle trips are all about the spirit of rail travel and with a delicious afternoon tea included, we think it's a superb way to combine two fine traditions. So sit back in your wide and very comfy seat, let yourself be waited on by the onboard train team and lap up the luxury of the 'belle époque' of the railways.
• Selected dates between February and August
• As these train journeys are very popular please allow plenty of time to book
• Departures vary and a confirmed schedule will be supplied upon booking
• Smart casual wear is appropriate (but not jeans or trainers)
• Because of the vintage nature of the train wheel chair access is not possible onboard, help is available for passengers with disabilities, with facilities to stow folding wheelchairs
• For the comfort of all, this is a non-smoking train throughout and passengers are asked to turn off their mobile telephones whilst on board
• If you have any special dietary requirements, please advise us when booking and the operator will do their best to comply. Northern Belle is, however, unable to provide meals requiring strict religious observance in their preparation
• Spectators are not permitted however they are welcome to accompany passengers to the train station and see them off
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Please note the train is not steam hauled
• There are seven passenger carriages, each with the same interior layout of tables for two and four.
Please note that you may be seated sharing a table unless you've purchased an 'Exclusive Table for Two option'.
• Tables for two may be limited and availability will be confirmed upon booking
• Discounts cannot be applied to this experience
• Please note: All venues and dates are subject to availability