• Afternoon tea for two people
• Delicate sandwiches with crusts removed
• One choice per person from potted beef, egg and cress, tuna mayonnaise, cheese and pickle, cream cheese and cucumber or smoked salmon and cream cheese
• Portion of Melton Mowbray Pork Pie
• Scone with strawberry jam and clotted cream
• Selection of miniature home made cakes
• A pot of speciality real loose leaf tea
What Can I Expect
This vintage afternoon tea in Leicestershire is a very civilised affair! Enjoy dainty sandwiches, cakes, scones and a choice of speciality loose leaf teas at this traditional tea rooms in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire’s gourmet hub and the official ‘Rural Capital of Food’.
Already famous for pork pies and a wide range of iconic cheeses, Leicestershire is well on its way to becoming an afternoon tea hotspot thanks to the mouth-watering offerings available as part of our tea-for-two experience. The tea room is upstairs in a beautiful Grade II Listed building overlooking the town’s main market place – a hub of culinary and agricultural activity for centuries – and is elegantly decorated with period furniture, traditional chintz and Royal Doulton-esque bone china that just makes that cup of tea taste even better.
Seeing as it’s Melton Mowbray, this luxury tea for two includes a slice of that famous pork pie, as well as sandwiches chosen by you from a range that includes all the classic afternoon tea pickings - egg and cress, potted beef, cucumber and cream cheese or smoked salmon. A selection of homemade cakes are included – a house speciality - in addition to that time-honoured treat, scones with clotted cream and jam.
Your tea is served in antique style, from the china teapot complete with tea strainer and sugar cubes with tongs to the crocheted doilies. With over 30 blends and infusions to choose from, including favourites such as Earl Grey and Darjeeling, to the in-house Hunting Hedgerow and Champagne varieties, afternoon tea tucked away inside this Leicestershire parlour could last longer than you think!
Having been awarded the Tea Guild Award of Excellence in 2012, it’s no wonder that an afternoon sampling the scrumptious nourishment at this lovely traditional tea room is proving to be a popular way to pass the day. There’s nothing quite like settling into a comfortable chair and watching the rain lash the windows outside while you tuck into a range of freshly-made sandwiches and cakes, a steaming pot of tea infusing gently on the table.
A great way to spend an afternoon whatever the weather, or to make a foodie trip around the East Midlands even more enjoyable, afternoon tea at Leicestershire’s premier cake-filled café is the perfect gift for tea enthusiasts. We could say keep calm and drink tea!
• Available from Monday to Saturday throughout the year
• The tea rooms are open 09.30 - 16.00
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• In a grade II listed building in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
• The tea rooms was awarded The Tea Guild's Award Of Excellence in 2012