• Take a 90 minute ride on the vintage Routemaster Bus
• Tour your choice of Edinburgh or Glasgow
• Afternoon Tea and a gin pot-tail is served whilst seeing the key sights of the city
What Can I Expect
This is your invite to the bistro on the big red bus! Take one beautifully restored vintage bus, add in some gin cocktails and a traditional teatime spread and you’ve got yourself a vintage bus gin tea experience. What’s more, this is afternoon tea for two on a roll, as your bus tours Edinburgh or Glasgow whilst you eat and drink.
Why sit in a hotel or cafe with the same view out of the window, when you can watch the ever-changing scenes as you travel onboard your lovely vintage double decker bus? After many years of pounding the streets packed with commuters, these Routemaster buses have been lovingly converted into tea rooms on the move. There are some lovely touches of Scottishness too, with slate and tartan adorning the tables of these much-loved vintage buses.
The gin tea idea is beautifully simple and unique too. Guests will enjoy an hour and a half travelling around the city centre of Glasgow or Edinburgh, whilst tasty sweet and savoury treats are served. The extra little twist to the story is that you will sampling the speciality gin pot-tails. That’s to say, gin cocktails served in clear glass tea pots. Genius!
Flavoured with liqueurs and fresh herbs then served with edible flower decorations, these unusual gin pot-tails really stand out. And, of course, they are really tasty too. It might be a mix of gin with bitter lemon, or perhaps a blend of raspberry liqueur mixed with a dash of Prosecco. Whichever gin cocktails are being served onboard, they will be a superb accompaniment to your cakes, sandwiches and scones.
If you’re really not a gin lover, you can ask in advance for the gin to be substituted by a different spirit. And if you have dietary requirements, these can be booked in advance too. Although these vintage double decker buses aren’t wheelchair accessible, there are tables on the lower deck, which means you don’t have to climb the stairs to the tables on the upper deck.
Whether you choose to cruise past the likes of Holyrood House on the Edinburgh route, or Provand’s Lordship on the Glasgow route, you’re bound to love this nostalgic bus trip with afternoon tea and those eye-catching gin pot-tails included!
• Edinburgh: Thursday-Sunday 12:00, 15:00 and 18:00
• Glasgow: Friday-Sunday 12:00, 15:00 and 18:00
• Minimum age for Gin is 18
• Children under six are not permitted to ride on the bus due to health and safety regulations
• Due to the design of the bus, wheelchairs are not permitted
• Seating can be reserved downstairs for those unable to manage the stairs
• Bookings for two may have to share a table of four
• Spectators are welcome to watch your departure
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Edinburgh, EH1
• Glasgow, G1