• Full afternoon tea for two
• A selection of hand-cut sandwiches and freshly baked cakes and scones
• Your choice of tea from an extensive selection including a Swinton Park blend
• Opt for the champagne option and you will receive a glass of champagne each
What Can I Expect
Elegant, sophisticated and utterly delicious - that’s Swinton Park’s afternoon for you! This is a gorgeous location for the two of you to sit back, relax and while away a very pleasant afternoon, filled with smiles, laughter, chat and, of course, a delectable selection of sweet and savoury goodies.
This really is afternoon tea at the castle. Swinton Park is a glorious slice of Yorkshire history, having originally been constructed in the late 17th century for a wealthy local family. The ancestors of the current family go right back to the mid-18th century, when the house was re-built with its distinctive Gothic style that dominates still today. With turrets and battlements, it’s certainly an impressive sight as you arrive.
Afternoon teas are offered in several of the Swinton Park’s public rooms. For a small, intimate setting there’s the bar or the sitting room, with windows overlooking Home Lake and the deer park. The very grand drawing room is the main venue for afternoon tea. With its large, curved bay windows and lush furnishings its always very popular. If the weather is agreeable, you can take tea out on the lawn, which is just delightful.
As you’d expect from a hotel of this standard, the food is sumptuous and the service attentive, but discrete. The scones are freshly baked in the hotel’s kitchens and you’ll be spreading locally produced artisan preserves onto them too. And the tea? Well, you’re in the heart of Yorkshire at Swinton Park, so it’s Taylor’s of Harrogate for your freshly brewed cuppa. There’s an extensive tea menu, including a Swinton Park blend specially produced for the hotel.
Swinton Park’s afternoon tea has been presented with an Award of Excellence by the highly-regarded Tea Guild, so you know the hotel has reached a very high standard when it comes to serving this traditional offering. If you fancy adding an extra little sparkle to your afternoon, go for Swinton’s Champagne tea option.
• Afternoon tea is served daily from 12 noon until 5pm and on Sundays from 3pm until 5pm
• Minimum age for champagne option is 18
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Swinton Park Hotel is located in North Yorkshire set within 200 acres of parkland, lakes and gardens
• Afternoon tea can be enjoyed in the Bar, Sitting Room and Drawing Room or on the lawn during summer months