Flight Simulator Experiences Nationwide from Into The Blue
Flight simulators let you experience the thrills of flying - all without ever leaving the ground. Jump into the captain's seat, enter your flight co-ordinates and get ready to fly your highly realistic airliner or military fighter jet wherever you fancy going.
Anyone who has flown on a commercial airliner will know that nowadays, in this age of heightened airport security, it's impossible to even sneak a peak into the flight deck as you walk down the aisle. That's why we love these simulator experiences, as it's you who is going to be sitting in the captain's seat in the cockpit. Read more...
• Simulate the famous 'Miracle of the Hudson' flight • Practice the 3 emergency scenarios of flight 1549 • Will you handle the pressure of an aerial MayDay? • A total of 60 mins in the Airbus A320 simulator
• Fixed base flight sim sessions in Peterborough • Fly from your choice of airport in a 737-800W sim • Plane is positioned, engines on, ready for takeoff • Two passengers can join you in the flight deck
• Virtually fly a World War Two fighter plane • Choose between the Spitfire & Messerschmitt Bf109 • A wide variety of flight durations are available • Authentic, full-size simulators are super realistic
• Virtually fly with Capt. Mark in Leighton Buzzard • Take control of a Boeing 737-800NG simulator • Fixed base, with motorised seats & surround sound • Invite up to 2 to share flight time on 1hr+ flights
• A special offer Caribbean flight simulator challenge • Fly in and out of the famous airport on St Maarten • A 3 degree glide slope & low level over the beach • Practice your take off and landing twice!
• Lockheed Martin F35 military fighter jet simulator • The only place in the UK offering the F35 sim • Discover the amazing avionics & stealth technology • Can be combined with a Boeing simulator flight too
• Fly a McDonnell Douglas F4 simulator nr Harrogate • Sim cockpit is an ex-operational military Phantom • This is a full motion hydraulic platform simulator • Various flight durations offered in this fighter
• Learn to fly drones in an arena near Loughborough • This is the world's first indoor drone flying centre • Discover FPV (First Person View) drone flying • Mini drone hire, goggle set & teaching all included
Of course, you don't actually go anywhere when you're on a simulator as it's not real, but it is incredibly realistic. Make no mistake; these multi-million pound machines are nothing like the games console sims you may have at home. All the knobs, dials, levers and gauges work and the 180-degree screens project incredible images that'll have you more than convinced that you're circling over London Heathrow.
Some set ups boast full hydraulics, as seen in this flight sim video from our Burgess Hill operator. Full motion means you will experience all the sensations of pitch and roll, whilst having very realistic sounds integrated, so you might even be able to hear the grind of the undercarriage retracting after take off. And yes, you will be able to switch seatbelt signs on and off for the cabin!
What’s more, some of our simulators are actually real, in the sense that ex-airworthy airframes are used to create the cockpits. So you could be sitting in an ex-Romanian Air Force L-29 Delfin, or the slightly worn seat of Airbus A320-111 that has flown hundreds of thousands of miles on commercial routes for GB Airways.
Fly your virtual plane virtually anywhere in the world
So where will you be headed to on your virtual flight? Well, it's totally up to you. This is your chance to have a go at Hong Kong's epic Kai Tak airport landing in amongst the skyscrapers on a runway jutting out into the harbour. Maybe you want to be an ace fighter pilot sweeping down through the Austrian Tyrol with the wing tips perilously close the rock faces?
Even the weather can be simulated on your flight. How about a foggy descent into Gatwick? A tropical storm over the Med? Or even a cold snowy day on your final approach into Geneva? All this is possible and the sim technicians can recreate all sorts of in-flight scenarios too, from engine failure to being hit by lightning.
As we said, these sims are the real deal as they are often used by working captains and first officers to practice and when converting to different aircraft types. If you're serious about getting your wings to become a fully qualified airline pilot, these flight simulator experiences are a great place to start. The instructors will be full of good advice and info, as many of them are working or retired military, business or commercial pilot. Enjoy your flight, Captain!