Flight Simulator Experiences Nationwide from Into The Blue
Flight simulators let you experience the thrills of flying - all without ever leaving the ground. Jump into the captain's seat, enter your flight co-ordinates and get ready to fly your highly realistic airliner or military fighter jet wherever you fancy going.
Anyone who has flown on a commercial airliner will know that nowadays, in this age of heightened airport security, it's impossible to even sneak a peak into the flight deck as you walk down the aisle. That's why we love these simulator experiences, as it's you who is going to be sitting in the captain's seat in the cockpit. Read more...
• Fixed base flight sim sessions at Sibson Airfield • Fly from your choice of airport in a 737-800W sim • Plane is positioned, engines on, ready for takeoff • Two passengers can join you in the flight deck
• Lockheed Martin F35 military fighter jet simulator • The only place in the UK offering the F35 sim • Discover the amazing avionics & stealth technology • Can be combined with a Boeing simulator flight too
• Fly a McDonnell Douglas F4 simulator nr Harrogate • Sim cockpit is an ex-operational military Phantom • This is a full motion hydraulic platform simulator • Various flight durations offered in this fighter
• Fixed base Cessna 172 Skyhawk simulator in Wales • This sim is used for instrument training by pilots • Based out of Lleweni Park flight training centre • Pick a local flight path, or go further afield
• 'Fly' fixed base Boeing & Pipers sims in Horsham • 737ng is ex Ryan Air, Seneca PA34 flew at Shoreham • Full glass cockpit & realistic wraparound graphics • Various flight times, all with 30mins briefing
Of course, you don't actually go anywhere when you're on a simulator as it's not real, but it is incredibly realistic. Make no mistake; these multi-million pound machines are nothing like the games console sims you may have at home. All the knobs, dials, levers and gauges work and the 180-degree screens project incredible images that'll have you more than convinced that you're circling over London Heathrow.
Some set ups boast full hydraulics, as seen in this flight sim video from our Burgess Hill operator. Full motion means you will experience all the sensations of pitch and roll, whilst having very realistic sounds integrated, so you might even be able to hear the grind of the undercarriage retracting after take off. And yes, you will be able to switch seatbelt signs on and off for the cabin!
What’s more, some of our simulators are actually real, in the sense that ex-airworthy airframes are used to create the cockpits. So you could be sitting in an ex-Romanian Air Force L-29 Delfin, or the slightly worn seat of Airbus A320-111 that has flown hundreds of thousands of miles on commercial routes for GB Airways.
Fly your virtual plane virtually anywhere in the world
So where will you be headed to on your virtual flight? Well, it's totally up to you. This is your chance to have a go at Hong Kong's epic Kai Tak airport landing in amongst the skyscrapers on a runway jutting out into the harbour. Maybe you want to be an ace fighter pilot sweeping down through the Austrian Tyrol with the wing tips perilously close the rock faces?
Even the weather can be simulated on your flight. How about a foggy descent into Gatwick? A tropical storm over the Med? Or even a cold snowy day on your final approach into Geneva? All this is possible and the sim technicians can recreate all sorts of in-flight scenarios too, from engine failure to being hit by lightning.
As we said, these sims are the real deal as they are often used by working captains and first officers to practice and when converting to different aircraft types. If you're serious about getting your wings to become a fully qualified airline pilot, these flight simulator experiences are a great place to start. The instructors will be full of good advice and info, as many of them are working or retired military, business or commercial pilot. Enjoy your flight, Captain!