• Fly in a WWII Warbird and engage in combat
• Take controls of your choice of a Spitfie MK9 or Messerschmitt BF109
• 30 and 60 minute flights are available
• Both simulators are built to original specifications with a full set of working gauges and controls
• Try taking off, landing and mastering the flight controls
What Can I Expect
Chocks away for a highly authentic WW2 simulator session! We’ve got two full-sized, vintage warbird simulators ready and waiting for you. You'll be taking on the role of the courageous fighter pilot, as your get ready to climb aboard and take flight into the virtual skies. Will you choose the Spitfire simulator here in Leighton Buzzard? Or are you more intrigued by the Messerschmitt flight simulator?
Both of these World War Two flight simulators are incredibly realistic. The Spitfire one has an exact replica cockpit, so it’s worth noting it’s a bit of a mission to clamber up and get in there, just as it would have been for all those freshly-graduated fighter pilots during WW2. And when you do get inside the Spitfire, you’ll soon realise how narrow the fuselage, making it a comfy fit to say the least!
The Messerschmitt sim (which incidentally is slightly easy to get into) is just as authentic as the Spitfire simulator. These were the stars of the German Luftwaffe and the favoured plane of the World War Two fighter aces who undertook daring missions in the Bf109. This simulator brings all that character to life, as you get 'airborne' in the Bayerische Flugzeugwerke (that's the Bf bit) fighter.
In both aeroplanes, all the controls and gauges work just as they would have done for real, back in the early 1940s when these aircraft were introduced. And although they look relatively simple compared to the racks of panels and computer-controls of modern airliners, these World War 2 veterans of the sky demanded some serious flying skills from those who piloted them for Queen and country (or Reich!).
We are offering a full range of flight durations for you on these World War 2 flight simulators. You can opt for 30 or 60 minute flight. On the longer flight you’ll really be able to get a feel for what it must’ve been like being sent off on daring aerial missions and reconnaissance flights in these formidable planes. One question remains: will you choose the Supermarine Spitfire or the Messerschmitt Bf109?
• Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Monday to Saturday 10am-6pm, Sundays 10am-4pm (from August no longer operating on Sunday's)
• Dates and session times are subject to availability
• Minimum age 12
• Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
• Due to the restrictive access to the spitfire, it will not be suitable for less able bodied people
• The Messerschmitt has been designed for easier access
• Up to two spectators can accompany you in the sim room
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire