Boeing 737 Experience
• Welcome, introduction and pre-flight briefing
• Choose from a 30 or 60 minute Flight
• With the help of an experienced instructor you will find out what it feels like to pilot a passenger airliner, flying circuits at Newcastle International Airport
• Try a challenging approach at Innsbruick, Austria or the infamously tricky landing at Kay Tak airport, Hong Kong
• Post Flight de-briefing
Why not upgrade to the Ultimate Simulator Experience?
• Fly in three simulators: Boeing 737, F-35 and a Spitfire
• 1 Hour in the 737 and half an hour in the F35 and Spitfire
What Can I Expect
If you've always fancied being the captain rather than a passenger on a jetliner we can highly recommend these Boeing simulator flights in Newcastle! Get ready to apply full-thrust, you're going to be virtually taking off in a 737NG on this aerial extravaganza.
This high-tech and very authentic simulator is based on a Boeing 737 Next Generation short to medium range narrow-bodied twin jet liner. To put it in layman's terms, this is the sort of aeroplane many of us fly on when we go to Europe or on domestic routes, so whilst you're probably very familiar with what it's like in the main cabin, entering the flight deck is a whole different world.
For a start, we always think the captain's 'office' is somewhat smaller than you'd imagine. Two armchair seats (inevitably with sheepskin covers on!) dominate the space and as your stare in a somewhat mesmerised state at all the dials, controls and displays in front of you, you'll begin to wonder if you need a degree in aeronautical science just to get the plane off the ground…
However, with a very experienced pilot by your side, you will soon find yourself in that left-hand driving seat and ready for take off. As you trundle along the taxi way in your hefty metal tube, you'll have your flight path plotted and your co-ordinates entered into the onboard computer ready to cruise the sky.
As for where you go on your simulator flights it's entirely up to you - stay local and depart Newcastle International Airport for a few circuits, checking out the likes of the Tyne, Whitley Bay and Northumberland National Park as you go, or tackle some of the trickiest airports in the world such as Innsbruck in Austria for close-call mountains, or Heathrow for sheer volume of air traffic.
Whichever itinerary you choose, you're sure to have a blast with you at the helm of this very realistic simulator here in Newcastle. And when you think over 1250 Boeing 737s are flying at any given time in the world, these really are the workhorses of the skies, flying for over 2400 airlines to over 1200 destinations in more than 190 countries. Time to switch on the seatbelt signs and prepare the doors for take off in your Boeing simulator!
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Minimum age 8
• Under 18s must be accompanied on site by an adult
• There is no minimum height, booster seats can be provided on the day
• Not suitable for people with heart problems or epilepsy
• Spectators are welcome, however space is limited on the flight deck and would advise bringing no more than 2 people
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Brunswick, Newcastle upon Tyne