• Flight simulator session in a fixed base Boeing 737 or Airbus A320 simulator
• Welcome, introduction and short safety briefing
• Guidance from a 1st officer who will assist you during your flight
Flight Simulation Experience
• Approximately 40 minutes in the simulator
• Take off and from a local airport
• Practice basic manoeuvres, such as climbing, turns and descents
• Land the plane back at the airport
Airline Pilot Day
• Get the feel of a typical day in the life of an airline pilot
• Check the weather and flight plan for the route
• Enter the simulator and set up the cockpit for the flight
• Take the simulator through the same procedures used by major airlines: Start-up, taxi, takeoff, departure, cruise, descent, landing and shutdown
• Around 70 minutes in the simulator
Ultimate Pilot Experience
• In addition to the above you will also receive a post training flight, simulating passengers loading onto the flight and destinations to take them to
• 20 minutes training in the simulator, followed by a further 60 minutes flying from one location to another i.e Manchester/Liverpool to Belfast/Dublin
• Please allow between 1.5-2 hours on site for this experience with approximately 80 minutes total simulator time
What Can I Expect
Will you be Captain of a Boeing or an Airbus when you board the flight simulator near Liverpool? It’s time to learn what life is like as a Boeing 737 or Airbus A320 pilot. Time to get the Aviator shades on - you’re in the hot seat!
Your journey to Ellesmere Port where these simulators are based will be an easy one from Liverpool, Manchester, Chester and beyond as it’s just a short drive from the M53. On arrival you’ll head straight to the check-in desk. But this time it’s not you checking in as a passenger, you're the captain!
Walk up the ramp and turn left and for Airbus A320, turn right and you’re in the Boeing 737. Which one you choose is up to you and can be discussed at the time of booking in your flight sim day with the Ellesmere team.
The first thing that’ll strike you is how utterly realistic the interior is. That’s because it is a genuine aircraft cabin, with the little oval windows and the working overhead lockers. There are even two rows of authentic airline seats, all of which have those little headrest covers (actually called antimacassars, fact fans!), making sure every fine detail of a modern commercial airliner interior is accurate. You’ll also find there’s a screen relaying images from the cockpit. That means friends and families can board your plane and watch.
Head through the cockpit door and into the flight deck. If you book the standard flight sim experience near Liverpool, you will do a circuit at a local airport. That means you’ll take off, practice some basic manoeuvres in the air and then do the tricky bit - landing safely back at the airport. This is the best value choice for those who fancy dipping their toe in the world of big jet aviation.
Those who want more of an insight into piloting these huge passenger planes will love the Airline Pilot Day. You’ll get to do some of the other tasks associated with flying, including checking NOTAMs, weather and flight paths before setting up the cockpit just as the pilot would before each and every flight. You’ll follow the full procedure and fly in the A320 or Boeing 737 for 70 minutes.
On the Ultimate Pilot Experience you do all the pilot tasks and spend 40 minutes ‘in the air’ training before going for the big one - flying a full sector in real time. That’s to say, just a like a pilot turning up for their shift, you’ll set everything up following current airline SOPs (standard operating procedures) as your passengers ‘load’ for the short hop from Manchester to, say, Belfast or Dublin. Then it’s start up, taxi, take off, depart, cruise, descent, land and shut down all done in real time.
On these flight simulators near Liverpool it’s about as authentic as it gets. The visuals are amazing and will have you totally convinced you really are on stand at Manchester Ringway or Liverpool John Lennon airport. Happy flying!
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Dates and session times are subject to availability
• Minimum age 12
• Under 18s must be accompanied on site by an adult
• Suitable for complete novices or fully trained pilots
• An airliner cabin behind the cockpit enables friends and family to view what is going on in the cockpit via an HD TV
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Disabled facilities include, access ramps to simulators, disabled toilets and designated parking
• Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
• Conveniently situated close to the M53 with good links to Liverpool, Manchester and Chester