Our full platter of cookery courses offers fun in the kitchen with dedicated professional chefs helping to bring out the culinary prowess in you and get your cooking. With these courses we've got flavours from around the world with Thai, Spanish, Middle Eastern, curry and sushi classes, as well as traditional home cookery and even artisan courses in bread making and cheese production.
You might be getting cookery lessons from celebrity chefs who have made a name for themselves on TV, or with best-selling recipe books. We can even bring the cookery experience to your own kitchen, with the chef coming to your home. Whichever of our cookery classes you choose, you can be sure you'll be getting a tasty, fun and informative few hours of culinary guidance. If the thought of slaving over a hot stove simply terrifies you, we've got a full range of high thrills and adrenaline-filled experience days that you can choose from that don’t involve any cooking at all! Read more...
• Cookery classes just for children in London • Run at weekends year round & afterschool during term • Kids learn to make dishes all the family will love • Minimum age for these cookery sessions is 10 years
• Be shown essential cookery knife skills in London • Prep all the veg for chef to cook your evening meal • Learn julienne, brunoise & chiffonading skills • Sit down and eat the meal you helped prep together
• Cookery courses at the renowned Swinton Park school • Lessons are hosted by chef tutor Kevin Hughes • Courses receive top ratings on review websites • Huge range of full & half day courses to choose from
• Cook yourself around the world with these classes! • One day cooking courses at Rickmansworth in Herts • Vouchers are valid for a full range of lessons • Home-from-home large & luxurious kitchen setting
• Learn bushcraft skills in the woods of Shropshire • Shelter, food and water are your priorities here! • Hosted by ex-frontline military & special forces • Choose between a one or two-day (overnight) course
Cookery courses - some of our best selling experiences
So why are cookery courses perennially popular? Perhaps because eating is one of the basic pleasures in life. Some of us see food as simply a means to refuel and re-energise, but many of us are real foodies who love nothing better than to sit down and delight in a superb meal, made all the better if it's shared with friends.
If you love your food and actively seek out new tastes and flavours, you will love our eclectic range of classes in professional kitchens around the country. It also goes a long way to explain why cookery classes are such best sellers. You can literally eat your way around the world and learn how to cook some impressive and very tasty new dishes, such as making a proper curry from scratch on our curry courses in Hertfordshire. You can practically smell that fab curry wafting through the screen!
Learn to cook with authentic ingredients
You don't need to have visited China to enjoy noodles and if you've never been to Bangladesh, it doesn't stop you loving curry. We love the variety and wealth of fresh ingredients you can now find even in your most standard of supermarkets these days. This means you can pick up some kiffir lime leaves for your tangy Thai curry and buy genuine Italian risotto rice quite easily, so you'll have all the authentic goodies you need to be able to recreate the dishes you learn about on these cookery classes at home.
As for what format these cookery experiences take, it can vary. Some are very hands on with each novice cook being allocated their own workstation to cook or bake during the workshop. Others consist of demonstrations where members of the audience will lend a hand at regular intervals. For a few of our culinary courses, the lesson actually begins outside of the kitchen with a walk around a market, or specialist local shops.
Taste and take home what you cook
No matter what recipes are on the menu or how the lessons are run, there's always one thing in common - you will get to taste the fruits of your labour. In principle, you will also get to take 'doggy bags' home with you so you can share the flavours and general gorgeous-ness with friends and family. But in reality, there is usually very little left apart from crumbs and a few scrapings in the pan! And we defy anyone on the chocolate courses not to be dipping into their bag of chocs on the way home.
So whether you fancy learning how to wok up a storm with bamboo shoots or want to impress by baking your own loaves we’ve got the cookery course for you. Would you love nothing better than to be able to make your own Brie-style cheese, or do you just want to know how to make a decent three course meal without panicking? Listen to what your tastebuds are saying and enrol on one of our lessons today and take your culinary skills to a whole new level where you'll be stacking and drizzling like a master chef!